Part 11

They all walked to their rooms.

“What happened?” Danielle asked walking in to the kitchen a few minutes later.

“Hey hun.” Liam smiled.

“Liam what did you do?” My father asked.

 “I just bumped my nose.” Liam said before I could tell my father what actually happened.

“How hard did you bump it?” Danielle asked looking at his nose.

“Where are the rest of the boys?” My father asked.

“Right here.”  Harry said walking into the kitchen.

“I’ll just send you to make up to cover that.” My father said. Liam nodded as he walked to his room. “We have an hour until we have to be at the carpet. So everyone please be ready!” My dad shouted. “Why are you in your bathing suit?” Danielle asked. I looked down.

“I thought I was home alone and I went for a swim.” I explained. She nodded and walked away. I went to my room and got changed. I was brushing my hair when I realized the boys were staring at my scars earlier. I put on a long sleeve shirt covering my wrist so the topic wouldn’t come up.

 “We’re out of here.” My father said knocking on my door. The time had flown by.

“Good luck.” I said sitting on my bed. “Thanks.” My father smiled as he closed the door behind him. I heard the front door close. I sat in my room for a while and screwed around on my imac.

 “AHHHHHHHHHHH!” Lilly screamed. I jolted up off my bed and ran down stairs.

“Where are you?” I yelled reaching the main level.

“I’m over here!” Lilly yelled back. I followed her voice and found her in the living room sitting in front of the flat screen tv.

“What is it?” I asked worried.

“They’re so perfect.” She said pointing to the tv. I turned and there they were. Niall, Liam, Louis, Harry and Zayn standing on the red carpet. I sighed and shook my head.

“You don’t think they are?” Lilly questioned me.

“Lilly you screamed like you were being murdered.” I said sitting on the couch.

“I can’t help it if they’re so hot.” Lilly continued. I sat with Lilly and watched the celebrity’s walk along the red carpet; some dressed up others dressed like it was just another day. We watched the boys perform one thing, and accept their awards.

I couldn’t help but start to get feelings for Harry. I had never really talked to him. I knew the next time I would, he probably wouldn’t act the same way, since he saw my scars. I’m not his type anyway. He’s part of the world’s biggest boy band. He wouldn’t date a 16 year old girl who has it all made for her but tends to fuck it up. I never mean to fuck it up, I just have that ability to look at something and it falls apart. As more and more stars were presented with their awards my eyelids felt heavier and heavier.

I woke up to cheers and clinking of glasses. I sat up and realized Lilly had gone to bed. I rubbed my eyes and rose from the couch. 

“We did it boys!” I recognized Zayn’s voice. I quietly left the living room and tried to walk past the dining room without being noticed by the entourage my father brought home. Just when I thought I had made the perfect get away something caught my ear.

“Would it be okay if I went and saw if Kat was still up?” Harry asked quietly.

“Not at all, go right ahead.” My father replied, my heart started racing as I heard his footsteps walking closer to the door way.

“You’re up.” Harry said happily. “Hey.” I said quietly pushing my bangs behind my ear. I don’t know how many drinks he had, or if he was as sober as a 2 year old, but he seemed happier when he saw me.

“Can we talk, somewhere privet?” Harry asked looking back at the dining room. “Is everything okay?” I asked.

“Yeah, everything’s fine.” I caught myself staring at his perfectly placed dimples. The roar of the victors cheer could be heard throughout the whole main floor. I lead Harry up to my room.

 I let Harry enter first; I quietly closed the door behind me. I watched Harry looking at the photos I had displayed above my fire place.

“Who are you with in this one?” Harry asked pointing to a photo of Grace and I. “That was my friend Grace.” I said walking over, standing next to him.

“Was?”

“Yeah. We don’t really talk anymore.” I said walking over and looking out my window like the subject didn’t bother me.

“Who’s this guy?” Harry asked. I walked back over. I froze, staring in the path that Harry’s finger lead me. He had pointed to the picture I had taken with Andrew before he left.

“So what did you want to talk about?” I asked changing the subject. Harry looked at me and cleared his throat.

“I wanted to see if you were ok.” Harry said looking straight in to my eyes.

“I’m fine.” I smiled.

“Look. Today we all saw them.” Harry said dropping his eyes to my wrist.

“Saw what?” I asked pulling my arms slightly behind me. I had to look closely, but it seemed that tears were starting to form in the corners of Harry’s eyes.

“I don’t know what you’ve been through but,” Harry trailed off slowly reaching for my arms. I wanted to see what he was going to do. He gently flipped my wrist over, revealing my scars. I wanted to pull away and tell him they’re old. His chin tucked in as he glided his fingers over them. He looked up at me, his eyes were glossy. I felt mine do the same.

“I don’t know what could make you want to do that to yourself.” He said shakily. I stayed silent. I didn’t think anyone would really care. I know some people have seen them, but since then I have learnt some tricks to help cover them up.

“I know it’s none of my business, I just feel like I’ve known you forever.” His voice cracked. I bit my bottom lip and kept eye contact with his tear filled eyes.