Part 25

I took a deep breath as I entered my father’s office. I only had two more days until Jewels birthday, and I thought of the perfect gift but needed some help to achieve my goal. The idea came to me in history. I just wanted to get this over with so I drove right from school.

“Dad,” I cleared my throat.

“Hey Katherine. What are you doing here?” he asked as I sat down in front of his desk.

“I need a favour,” I blurted out.

“Sure sweetie. What is it?”

“Could you get me back stage passes to the one direction concert?”

My dad sighed and shook his head. “You know the rules Katherine,”

“They’re not for me. My friend Kyle’s little sister is a huge fan and her birthday is this Saturday. I know it’s a lot but this would be the perfect gift,”

“How old is she?” my father asked.

“Turning 6,” my father picked up the phone and started dialing.

“Linda. Could you get me 4 tickets to see the boys next weekend, and back stage passes with the meet and greet?” a smile formed on my face when my father finished the call.

“Thank you,” I said quietly. My father got up and met me on the other side of his desk. We awkwardly hugged, he led me out to Linda’s desk and she handed me the passes which are tickets as well. I thanked him again before I went home.

The Next day 

“You’re going where?” Ava almost shouted in the cafeteria.

“It’s just a birthday party,” I shrugged.

“It’s a Summers party. Since when did you get invited to a six year olds birthday party?”

“I don’t know,”

“You better dress nice,”

“It’s a birthday party?” I said confused.

“Just dress nice,” Ava said eating away at her lunch.