Chapter 3 Shadow

I picked a rose off of a bush from the garden's mass supply of flowers. Rose. . . I thought and looked around. Rose who? Who rose? Then I saw something in the corner of my eye, and I whipped around to see a hedgehog, who looked familiar.

What was she doing around me? She smiled at me and reached out her hand- then I found myself face down on the floor and burrito wrapped in my blankets.

I untangled myself and sat on the bed. I know that girl. . .

Amy. . . Doesn't she follow faker around like a lost puppy?

Why was Amy in my dream? And those Roses, Amy, roses. . .
Amy Rose!!! I grabbed the chaos emerald and quickly left my house. . . Maybe the dream was telling me she was in trouble?!?

I took no time in controlling myself to her house, rather Tails' because they were neighbors.

I raced onto her porch, though I tripped and fell heavy against the door. It swung open and I heard a gasp. I looked up at Amy, though she looked as if she had been crying.

I jumped up and looked around her, "Are you alright?" I demanded and strained to see past the stairs in her house. She hesitated before nodding. "Yeah. . . Why are you here?" She asked and looked down at the scratches on her white door and back to me.

"I had a dream about you, I thought it might mean you were in trouble." I said and stopped trying to look around her, and at her instead. A small, weak smile formed on her face. "You had a dream about me?" She asked.

I nodded. "Amy, Are you sure there's nothing wrong? I thought someone was trying to hurt you physically, but it looks like your hurt on the inside." I asked with crossed arms.

She half heartedly smiled again, "It's that obvious, huh? I'm probably just over-reacting, but I was just ditched by my friends, again." She explained and rubbed her arms as if she was cold- Though it is just now summer so I doubted that was the reason.

"Again?" I thought allowed. She nodded and looked to the ground. "Again. . ." She repeated and started to shut the door, though I caught it with my hand and pulled it open again. She looked up at me confused with tears forming in her eyes.

"I know it's late, but how about I take you somewhere? Just the two of us and no betrayal." I offered, forcing a smile for her.

She sniffed, though her face lit up. "Sure." She stepped out of the house and locked the door behind her.

I offered my elbow to her, and she took it with a smile while I walked with her to the flower fields.