Chapter 5 Amy

My eyes flung open and I looked around. Memories flooded into my head as I realized I had fallen asleep, snuggled against Shadow. The sky was still dark so it must have only been two or three.

I had my arms fully wrapped around him and everything. . . and he had his arms wrapped around me. I quickly moved away from him and sat up, realizing I had stayed out way too late.

Shadow jolted upright, falling off the stone and into the flowers.

I've never slept on a rock before. . . It was surprisingly comfortable. "You alright Shadow?" I asked and looked down at him. He nodded with a weak smile. "Just a crazy dream was all. I guess I'm glad it wasn't another nightmare though. . . " he said and I offered my hand to him, and helped him up.

"I can't believe we slept on a rock half the night!" I said and climbed down, feeling a slight ache in my lower back from probably sleeping on, literally, a stone.

"Same. . . I should get you back home, right?" Shadow asked and looked me over. I nodded, and he rolled his eyes at me. "Do you want me to carry you?" He asked, his arms crossing.

I blushed madly. "Uh, n-no I can walk just fine. . ." I said and took a stiff step towards him. His brow raised in response to my lie and I rolled my eyes and sighed in defeat.

"Fine. You get to carry me. . ." I said and he smiled, yanking me up bridal style, which was surprisingly comfortable, and didn't hurt my back like I thought it would.

We talked about stuff all the way to my house, until I saw an angry Sonic standing on my front porch, zooming up to us.

"Amy where have you been!?!" Sonic asked as if he had been looking for me.