Chapter 8 Shadow

I once again had that re occurring dream with Maria's death- Why can't I just let go? It's been three years, and Every time I sleep I'll have that dream . . . Besides last night. I thought and remembered the dream I had of Amy, and the dreamless sleep while with her.

I sat up in bed, That's it, no more sleep. . . I rubbed my face and ripped the covers off of me. Coffee. . . Just binge on coffee. . . I thought and walked downstairs, and made a cup of coffee.

Now I can replace my time I'm asleep with moping around unproductive like. . . Or maybe I could go hang out with silver more? He knows what it's like to loose some one, and he asks me to hang out all the time. . . Though I rarely do.

I looked up at the clock on the wall and made another cup of coffee. Only 10? Huh I thought I'd be earlier. . . Before I could make the quick trip over to Silver's there was a knock on the door. Who in chaos could that be?! I demanded to myself with a growl, flash aging the door open so hard that the hinged shuttered at the force.

Any looked up at me with a blank look and my mind went blank, and my body relaxed at once. "What's wrong?" I asked her, surprised at how lost my own voice was towards her.

She sighed and shuffled her feet. "Can I come in so we can talk?" She asked with a small look of being lost herself, plastered onto her face as if in deep though.

I crossed my arms and moves aside "Sure." Amy gave me a court nod and quickly walked into my house, standing beside the couch. "Have a seat." I said as inviting as I could, though being polite wasn't one of my policies I would make an exception for her. Though it will be to no use. . . She loves another. . . I thought with closed eyes.

Amy sat down and twirled her thumbs in her lap while I pulled up a footrest so that I could face her. "What's wrong?" I asked again, finding it hard to connect my eyes with hers due to the fact she was focused on her thumbs.

"What did you wish for?" She blurreted out, her cheeks turning red with a blush. "What do you mean?" I asked her. The shooting star wish? Amy shook her head. "The wish we made when we were in the lavender fields." She retorted with a sad look, as if disappointed that my mind hadn't clicked to it right away.

"And what importance is my wish to you?" I asked her with soft eyes as she finally dared to look at me. She held her breath before speaking. "Please shadow? I need to know!" She pleaded.

Shadow sighed and crossed his arms. "I wished that I could love someone who could love me. As in true love." I told her with a glare. She nodded and looked back to her thumbs.

"I wished that Someone would love me for a change." She said and rubbed her arms again. A nervous habbit I guess. We looked at one another for a few moments, before she spoke again.

"Shadow. . . "
"Amy. . . ?"

"Do you think that our wishes came true? Just not in the way we expected?" She asked and looked at her feet. Does she mean- "It is possible. . . " I broke my own thought to respond to her question.

"Amy, do you think you love me?" I asked her, doing my best not to raise my brow. She looked up at me with another blank look. "I think we might at least like each other." She retorted and sat back on the couch. "And. . . ?" I egged her on, unable to hold back a small smile.

She didn't look at me, giving me enough time to relax my face. She sprung up. "Kiss me!" She exclaimed. I took no time in rushing forward, connecting my lips to hers- only to have her shove me away- "What the chaos Shadow?!?"