Chapter 7

Shooting my eyes open, bright light made me squint and refocus. I looked around me, I was in a bed? I sat up immediately but regretted it when little lights danced in front of my eyes and a wave of dizziness hit me. I fell back and placed my hand on my head. Where am I? I must still be dreaming. I closed my eyes and opened them again. Nope, I pinched my arm as hard as I could, definitely not a dream. I wriggled out of the bed and my feet came in contact to a soft cream carpet. I searched around the room, white walls and a dresser in the corner, and two doors, one I'm guessing leads to a bathroom. I took a step forward, softly placing my foot into the carpet. However a small pain shot from my ankle and up my leg. I hissed and looked down, seeing a once open wound, stitched with black thread. I grabbed the banister of the bed, holding it in a death grip when I remembered all the events from yesterday. Panic set in as I remembered if Kaydon finds me, I'm dead. I have to keep running.
"Your not going anywhere" a voice from the other side of the room told me. I jumped back slightly, but there's no on there.
"Hello?" I replied, hoping that whoever spoke would show them selves. Suddenly, I heard a groan and I saw a large man stand up from the floor on the other side of the bed. How did I not notice him? I took a step back, who the hell is he and where the hell am I?
The man turned around and his image sparked something in my memory, Alpha Xavier.
This time I kept stepping back away from him until my back hits the cold, white wall. He growled in response, "mine" he repeated. Shit, I couldn't quite place a finger on it yesterday, but I think that means I'm his mate?
"Wow, hold on there buddy, I'm no ones property" I said putting my hands in the air. I can't let someone stand in the way of me finally escaping Kaydon.
"I'm leaving, where's the exit to this place?" I asked him, searching around the room until my eyes laid upon another door. His eyes darkened, and he started walking over to me. Shit, what have I done? Crap, if he's like Kaydon, I'm a dead wolf. He suddenly stopped and growled. "Who's Kaydon?" He questioned, his voice deep with power.
Did he just...?
"How are you doing that?" I asked, a little worried to think of anything else incase he magically reads my thoughts again.
"Doing what?" He smirked. Wow he has the cutest dimples on his checks. His smile widened as he stared at me.
"Okay, how are you hearing my thoughts? You're creeping me out" I remarked.
His smile dropped and he strode forward. Oh no, I forgot, has the past 10 years of my life not taught me anything - never speak unless your told to. Shit.
As he came closer I judged my angle to the door, if I can sprint out of Kaydon's pack house, I'm sure I can just run to that door. With that in mind, I charged with all my might towards that door. In the corner of my eye I could see Xavier frowning and his eyes turn black.

'You can't just leave him, he's your mate!' Lyra stated. 'He's an Alpha, and the last time I was in the same room as one, I was kicked, punched and slashed with a knife all over my body! We were so close to safety, I'm not letting us die because I'm mates with some stupid Alpha!' I remarked, angry that Lyra was okay with being held captive by him after everything that's happened. I reached my hand out to the door handle and grabbed it, swinging the door open and running straight out the door.

Suddenly, the most thunderous growl sounded from behind me, even scarier that Kaydon's.
'He heard us' Lyra stated bluntly. 'Ugh how does he do that?!?' I replied in annoyance.
'He's out mate, mates hear your thoughts' Lyra answered.
Damn. Adrenalin flooded my mind, blocking out Lyra and Xavier. I sprinted out the door, through a spacious hallway towards a set of stairs. Now Xavier knows Kaydon is an Alpha, he is definitely going to throw me to the wolves. I smirked at my ironic humour, wow, the pressure is really getting to me.

I heard loud stomping footsteps behind me, making me run faster. I reach to the bottom of the stairs and quickly scanned the area, find a door I thought, just find a door. I sprinted around a few rooms and came across a door which looked like a front door. I speeded up and held my hand out to grab the handle, and just when my finger touches the cold metal, a colossal hand grabbed my hoodie and pulled me backward. Preparing myself for the painful smack I'm going to feel when my body hits the ground, I closed my eyes and held my breath. However I never felt anything, instead I was encased in strong arms wrapped around my thin waist and my back against his hard chest. I felt a lump in my throat, yep I'm going to die. I was swiftly turned around, my eyes meeting Xavier's.
"Don't be scared, I'm not going to hurt you" he said slowly. Am I hearing things right? He's an Alpha, he's obviously lying.
"I'm not lying, I may be an Alpha but I'm your mate and I'm going to protect you forever".
I blinked twice, the last time I heard those last few words were from my mother. I looked away and to the ground, I miss her. He seemed to notice my discomfort and pulled me into a tight embrace. It hurt, my body was in pain from the beating from Kaydon, I winced in pain and tried stepping backward. Xavier's arm loosened and he gripped my shoulders. "Why do you keep thinking like that? Thinking I'm going to hurt you? What's wrong?" I locked eyes with him, the wounds and bruises flowered a sharp pain inside me.
I felt my throat tightening slightly and my breathing increased.
"I-I'm in pain" I managed to say before my knees collapsed from under me. Xavier grabbed my waist before I could hit the floor.
My top ravelled up my waist, below my bra. I winced and looked down to see my bare stomach showing all the slashes and bruises of all colours scattered on my skin. I slowly looked into Xavier's eyes - he was frozen, his eyes locked onto my stomach. There was a flash of gold in his eyes as he stared at my stomach.
"P-Please" I whispered, "This is why I must leave, they're going to kill me if they find me" I pleaded, but Xavier wouldn't move. Suddenly his eyes darted to my covered arms. He grabbed my wrist tightly and turned it over, pushing my the sleeve up.
"Don't" I said looking away, I tried pulling my hand back from his grip but he didn't let go. I can't bare to see them. I felt tears spring from eyes and running down my cheek. I pulled my arm away from his grip, pulling my sleeve back down. I can't change what's happened in the past, but I know if I don't leave and find safety I will die, whether or not Xavier is my mate. I picked myself up off the floor, Xavier still standing in shock. Jeez it's not like he's never done that to someone. He's an Alpha, they kill people like me all the time.
"You're not leaving" Xavier stated. Excuse me? Is he for real? Mates don't matter, if he was my true mate, where was he when I needed him? "Look, I'm not going stand and hang out here when I need to keep running. I'm not going to die because I'm staying at this shit hole that stole me from a shed and locked me away in a cellar, at least Kaydon didn't lock me away!" Wow. Where did that come from? I know it wasn't exactly fair of me to compare this place to kaydon's pack house, but at least he didn't lock me away into a dungeon and tie me up in hand cuffs. However I'm not using that as an excuse to forgive him slightly, In any way possible, Kaydon still doesn't deserve the title of Alpha and certainly doesn't deserve a mate.