Chapter 12

Unsuccessfully I walked away from the river with those stupid dumb ass wolves following me. I mean really? If Xavier wanted me that badly he can come and get me himself. To be honest I'm sure I'm just making a fool out of myself, running away from my mate and annoying the pack warriors to the extent they want to kill me...

But I just don't trust Xavier after dealing with Kaydon these past years of my life. And I've seen how angry Xavier got when I ignored him. I wish I had a fresh start at life, a new chance just to have that childhood that so many other people enjoyed and I envied.
'Xavier could be that new start, give him another chance' Lyra spoke to me. I could hear a pain in her voice, she was missing him and it hurt her to run away from him. Maybe I should do this for Lyra. She's had just as bad an up bringing as I have and we've both endured the pain from Kaydon. And I don't exactly know much about Xavier's childhood, maybe his wasn't as bright and happy either?

I had stopped walking and turned back to look at those wolves that were stalking me before. As I looked around to catch sight of them, they were no where to be seen. I wonder when they turned back?

I turned back and walked a few more metres. I sniffed the air, it was cold but with a stale tinge to it.

A shiver prickled up my back as a nerving breeze blew through me. I smelt a strong whiff of decaying garbage. Grimacing, I slowly took another look behind, and to my disbelief, standing dead I front of me was the devil himself, Kaydon.

Surprised was an understatement and fear nearly made me pee myself. My blood turned as cold as the air around me and I stood frozen I front of him.

"Well, well, well. Think you could escape me?" He taunted. He looks ruff, his hair was a mess and he looked like he has been living out in the woods or ages.
He stepped closer, "If it isn't Kate. Such a shame you left, I had such big things planned for us". He said as his hands twitched.

Kaydon pulled back his jacket, exposing a silver knife tucked into his belt. I locked eyes with him, a smirk playing on his lips. I took one step backwards, opening and closing my mouth, thinking of what I could say. Though to his amusement, I'm sure I looked like a goldfish.
"K-Kaydon.." I started.
"That's Alpha Kaydon to you, Kate." He spat.
"Not anymore, I left remember, meaning I don't belong with you any longer" I replied firmly.
A small chuckle left his lips, "it seems your little escape has boosted your confidence. Daring to speak to your Alpha like that.." He trailed off whilst stepping closer to me.
He's right, I did have the guts to say that to him, and right now he deserves a kick in the balls. You know what, it's not like he can inflict more pain than he's already done, other than killing me because that would hurt. But then I'd be dead so I wouldn't feel pain for very long and he couldn't touch me ever again.
'Kate?...' Lyra questioned.
"Yeah and my confidence isn't the only thing it's boosted." I say before running at him quickly and shoved my shoe right at his private area. He bent over, using his hands to cover his tenders. With that I upper punched him in the eye with my right hand.

Ow.. shit. I think that hurt me more than it did him. I waved my hand in their air, trying to get rid of the pain as I heard Kaydon growl at me then looked away, like he heard something. Though the funniest part of all this is that I kicked him so hard, even his growl is high pitched.

The tiniest laugh escaped my mouth, which drew his attention back on me. He extended his arm out to try and grab me but I jogged backwards away from him.
"You just can't leave me alone can you Kaydon? You hurt me so much.." My voice cracking.
"Yet you still want me back" I swallowed, confidence coming back to I me.
"You are a pathetic bitch, that isn't worthy to be in my pack. I had planned on killing you that night you left, but I was too late. So here I am, ready to finish off that business" he bared his teeth at me.

Getting in the stance to lunge at me, my eyes averted to a blur of brown and black behind him. Alpha Xavier stood with six other pack members, facing me and Kaydon. Surprisingly, I was relieved to see Xavier. But before I could get a proper look at them, Kaydon pulled the knife from his belt and pounced at me. I shrieked and held my hands in front of my face. I waited for the intense impact of pain, but it never happened. I heard growls and strangled noises, peeked through my fingers to see Xavier towering over Kaydon, who was beaten to a pulp.

Xavier looked up at me, his face was full of anger and worry. I gulped and stared at the scene presented to me.

"Drake, take Kate to the pack house, we'll finish dealing with him and will be back shortly" Xavier ordered.
Drake came over to me and tried grabbing my arm but I pulled away.

"What? Wait! l didn't make it all the way here to be reunited with my abuser and told to go back to a prison? No way mate I don't think so.." I said, completely angry at him.
He gave me a look to say just do as I say, but I'm not a frickin slave anymore!
"Hold up..." A slightly confused voice sounded from behind me.
"Kate is your mate?" Kaydon questioned like a teenager struggling in math class. I turned and smirked at him, and all this time he was abusing the Alpha's mate.

I took a step closer to Kaydon but failed as Drake's hand reached out and blocked my way. Xavier growled at both me and Kaydon. I flinched ever so slightly at his tone, it was a daring growl that Kaydon used to use at me when I was younger. However my reaction didn't go unnoticed by Kaydon.

"Oh how unfortunate, little Kate is scared of her own mate. Does he remind you of me Kate?" His words danced off his tongue.
My eyes widened, Xavier didn't even know what affect he had on me, and he's my mate. Xavier looked at me, with a confused, angry look but his features softened when meeting my eyes.

'Go back to the pack house, we'll talk about all this later. And please, don't run away from me again. I'm not like that abusive fuck..' A voice in my head spoke to me.
I stepped backwards, in shock of what's happening to me. What the.. Am I legit going crazy?
'Don't make it obvious Kate. That Kaydon prick will suspect this if you react like that, it's me Xavier" the voice apparently spoken by Xavier said. Ugh, so this is what mind-linking is like.

I just looked at Xavier, how the frick is this even fair? Mates can not only hear what you say but can also talk to you through the mind? What?..
I blinked and stared straight into his eyes...