Chapter 15

Jake had opened his curtains so that we could see each other. When the light engulfed the room, I had a better view of Jake. He was quite tanned, blonde curly hair, blue eyes and a sweet smile.

My breathing had calmed and my tears dried up. He took a seat on the floor next to me, I could tell he didn't really know what to say.

"So.. Luna? What's up?" He asked, his eyes were resting on mine. I sat up straighter and looked down at the ground. I can't exactly tell him my whole story which leads up to me mistaking some blonde woman with a bitch from my past and smashing a plate then running from his Alpha could I?

I didn't know where to start, so I kept quiet.

"You shouldn't feel scared around Alpha Xavier" he spoke softly, "you're his mate and he will protect you with his life, he wouldn't hurt you". I gulped.

I looked back a Jake, his eyes still on mine.
"I-I've had a bad experience in the past with Alpha's" I said, my voice trembling at the end.
Jake gave me a confused face before shuffling closer to me.
"I don't know what's happened in the past, but no Alpha should hurt members of their pack, especially a beautiful girl like you." He said with another smile. I gently smiled back but it soon dropped. Alpha's shouldn't hurt their pack members, but some have.
I sighed, "I just- how can I trust him? For so long I've been tortured and abused, I don't have my parents and I've faced it all on my own. How can I just stop running, stop trying and let someone else deal with my problems?"

"Luna-" Jake said before I cut him off,
"Please just call me Kate, I'm not used to the whole Luna thing yet" I say sheepishly.

"Okay Kate, your past Alpha should be killed for the things he's done to you, but I know that Alpha Xavier will never hurt you. He's been waiting for so long to find you and now he has, he won't let you go." Jake reasoned.

I sighed, why does my life have to be so complicated. I can't let Xavier in, I can't take that risk.
'But Kate he's ours and he loves us' Lyra spoke up. 'Isn't knowing that enough for us? He's willing to lay his own life down for us, that clearly says something right?' I felt the pain in her voice.
I guess what she says is true, it does feel nice to have someone say that they'll keep us safe. The thought made a warm flower bloom in my stomach.

I looked back up to Jake, he gave a warm reassuring smile, maybe I could give Xavier a chance? Just a small one, maybe just to let me see what life is like to feel loved again. I don't know if Xavier can give me that but it's worth trying, right?

As is Jake heard my thoughts, he stood up and held out his hand. I hesitantly grabbed his hand and he pulled me up from the floor.
"Go on" Jake spoke, "go see him and get some rest".
He nodded his head to the door to encourage me to see Xavier.
"Um- thanks Jake and sorry for waking you" I said, then blushed as I thought back to how he jumped from his bed as I rushed in here.

I let go of his hand and walked towards the door, I opened it and the hallways light seeped into the room.
"Um do you want me to-" I started.
"No it's fine I've got it" Jake answered as he walked over to the door, nodding a goodbye then closing the door behind him with a click.
I turned around and started walking back the way I came from. I should probably find Xavier.

Walking up to his room I could faintly smell a sickly sweet fragrance floating in the air?

As I reached Xavier's room, I sighed and opened the door to his bedroom..

"Xavier babe sorry I wasn't here this week, maybe we could make up for what we missed.." A woman's voice spoke as I made my way through the door.
A brown haired woman, moderately curvy and wearing nothing but underwear was sprawled on the bed.
My eyes felt like they were going to pop out of my skull!
Ew ew eeeew! I'm going to need acid to wash away that image.