Chapter 8

We stared at each other for what seems like eternity. It feels like I'm in a movie, two Cowboys staring at each other, waiting for someone to make the first move. I bet Xavier would have done something by now but I think he's taking in my stinging words from earlier.
If we're just going to stand here for the next 5 minutes I'm leaving.

Although, I bet he'd come after me so I'd have to escape one way or another. Maybe if I stay for a while, pretend like I'm going to stay, inspect the outside surroundings more, then I could escape in the middle of the night.
'Kate, what's the point? Where are we going to run to? The minute we leave, Kaydon has a chance to find us again, at least here he won't.' Lyra had a point, but that only strengthened my idea.
'Exactly Lyra, if we stay here long enough, Xavier will think I'm staying and Kaydon will think I've gone forever! It's a genius idea! Then when I escape, Kaydon won't be looking for me and I would have known the surrounding within this pack's territory to find a way out!' I am so proud of my amazing plan I could jump in the air!
However my mind was brought back to the situation I was in now. I'm still at a stand still with Xavier. Ugh, I am a strong girl and I am not at weak as I may present myself to be. I may act like a weakling, probably because half the time I am, but I can be strong and the memories of Kaydon only gives me more hate power and determination.
'Kate, please just hear me out, Xavier is our mate, how can you lead him on and then just leave him when the time is right? We will become so close to him and we will find it even harder to escape' Why does Lyra always seem right?
'Well Xavier is an Alpha and he's coped this whole time before i met him, and no doubt he's got his own Chelsea to keep him occupied'
I know I do seem pretty mean to predict stuff like this about Xavier,  but my faith isn't in the hands of him, I rely on myself and I know I can leave Xavier because he hates rogues and there's no way I'm going back to kaydon's pack, or join this one.

It's been 4 and a half minutes of silence and complete staring. I wonder what he's thinking about? 30 seconds to go before I do leave.  I huffed and looked away. This is boring, I've decided my escape plan, I just have to execute it perfectly to escape quickly. 20 seconds. Man, I'm not even going to bother saying good bye, I barely know him.

I looked up at him again, but his eyes were trained on my stomach. I know it probably hurts him to see me like that but he's probably seen worse and we've only just met.
10... 9... 8... 7... I turned my head to the door, judging my angle to the door knob. 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

"You're not leaving" Xavier spoke loudly. Not this again!
"Look Xavier you don't know anything about me, you don't know my past, nor my favourite things, you don't even know my name!" I had to say it.
"I know your scared of this Kaydon guy finding out where you are, I know you're planning to escape when the time is right, I know you are going to stay for a bit and leave during the night, I knew that if I didn't say a word you would have left right now."
Dam I hate mates, why do they have to hear everything we think? Imagine thinking about your deepest darkest secrets?

"Why, do you have any you want to share with me?" Xavier asked with a smirk plastered in his face. Slightly taken back I looked at him wide eyed, hmm I could do some evil stuff right now to make him rethink about beings mate. I could make up a load of shit to put him off. I smirked.

I started thinking about some of my nightmares, pretending they were real. "Firstly, I heard all of that so I know that was a nightmare, and secondly, I doubt a marshmallow monster will attack you anytime soon" How dare he insult marshmallows!
Ok this is sidetracking from the real situation at hand. "Ok then, read my mind, you may as well look at my past memories, may as well feel the pain I've felt my whole life!" Tears were running down my checks, it must seem like I'm really hormonal and have outbursts anytime.
"You know I can't do that!"  Xavier replied. "Maybe not but you can't change my life, it's already screwed up without you in it and as soon as I let you into my life it will only get worse. Alpha's like you go for blonde barbies with no knowledge of life. You're just the same, next thing I know I catch you cheating on me, getting her pregnant then rejecting me as your mate!"
Xavier's eyes turned black and a low growl erupted from his chest. Scared? Of cause not, I'm standing my ground in this one. All of it is true, I can promise everything I said will turn out being true, and I'm not wasting my time on him!  Xavier walked forward, like stalking prey. I growled back, allowing my silver irises to show through. Xavier stared for a second and continued making his was towards me. Fvck this, I turned and ran through doors and hallways of the house. They must have another exit door?