Twenty-Three

Rebecca's feet were aching. She had never actually been to a big event like this except for the ARIA's. Now, she was walking the red carpet with Luke by her side, trailing behind Ashton and Holly. Following Luke and Rebecca was Calum and Lynn and Michael came alone. He was leading the pack, so to say. Rebecca found that everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves except for her. She felt nauseous just walking a couple of metres down until she was able to sit down. No one seemed to notice as she kept a sweet smile on her face.

"5 Seconds of Summer, come join us!" an interviewer had called. Luke kissed Rebecca's forehead before giving her to Lynn who linked arms with her to walk into the arena. Rebecca was slightly anticipating to sit down and stay seated but she didn't really want to move any quicker because the girls didn't know she was pregnant and she felt like she was going to hurl any moment now.

"You'll get used to it," Holly said. The three girls linked arms and posed for a few more photos before they finally went into the large, lowly-lit arena. Rebecca sighed once they found their seats. They were sat in the third row from the front, Michael nearest to the aisle and then Calum, Lynn, Luke, Rebecca, Ashton and then Holly. It was going to be quite a move if the boys won any of their nominations. Rebecca's stomach churned in anxiety if she accidentally vomited during the show.

"You look a little green there," Lynn giggled. She cupped Rebecca's face in her hands and gave the pregnant lady a thorough look. Rebecca just smiled and shook her head.

"I'm fine," she assured them.

The three girls were sat and chatted away until their boyfriends arrived and blocked them from speaking. Now, Luke was engaging in a conversation with Rebecca as the rest of the boys were with the other girls.

"Is everything okay?" he asked.

"Perfect," Rebecca responded.

"I'm glad you're here."

"I am too however I'm afraid I might have to switch places with Mike. I'll need to be real close to a toilet."

"Why? Is everything okay?"

"Yes, I'm just a little nauseous that's–"

"Holy shit! You're pregnant?" Ashton popped up. His eyes went back and forth toward Luke's and Rebecca's. He took it as a yes when neither of them spoke and both of their mouths gaped just a little bit. Rebecca couldn't help the curl of the edges of her lips as she nodded so slowly and then everyone suddenly was clapping for the introduction of the host for the night.

"Well," Ashton said softly as his hands clapped for whomever was coming out of the stage. "Congratulations to the both of you then."

The rest of the night was an absolute bore except for the time that 5 Seconds of Summer performed their first single from their most recent album. Then, they were given the Grammy for Best Pop but lost to another band for Best Rock. Still, the boys remained happy that they were able to bring something home once again.

Rebecca was happy that the night was over and that she would skip out on the big after party. She was very upset with Luke because he had informed her that he was going to skip out on the party to make sure she was okay but she didn't want him to. Because of this argument, they didn't speak until the very end of the night were Luke followed Rebecca out of the arena.

"Rebecca," Luke called out. She hopelessly tried to walk faster but she was so tired and her nausea wasn't getting any better. Rebecca was trying her best not to throw up all over the place and with an upset heart, it didn't make things any easier.

"Becc," Luke tried again. He had caught up with her and grabbed her forearm. In an instant, Luke turned Rebecca around and she almost hurled right in his face.