Thirteen

There's heaps of dialogue in this chapter and i dont like it but i think the delivery was powerful. Tell me what you think later! :) x

0000000000000000000000

"If you don't leave it on, it won't go away quicker than we want it to," Rebecca said, pressing the frozen pineapple slice on Noah's eye as he winced.
"Not too hard!" he groaned.
"I'm sorry," Rebecca chuckled.
"I look like an idiot."
"Don't you always?"
"Don't start. I've had a rough day. How was your day at the beach?"
"Was well, thank you. Your meeting?"
"Just fine. I finalised a few cheques for cashing in that needed my approval and the employees were given a voucher for a holiday here in the future."
"That's nice of you."

There was a silence between them. Rebecca's stomach churned at the thought of telling Noah she couldn't marry him, not anymore. How was she to tell him when he had a black eye and didn't know how to take care of it? How was she to tell him she had found love somewhere else?

Noah was a nice man. He loved Rebecca with all his heart and he made sure well enough that Rebecca knew. He showered her with gifts, a trait he watched his father bring to the table multiple times with his mother until he disappeared. Noah said the things that Marshall taught him to make a lady weak in the knees and keep her in his arms. Not only that but he was handsome and smart and successful. He was perfect for any girl out there... except for Rebecca.

Rebecca didn't want perfect. The thought made her cringe. All this time she had concentrated on perfection and she believed what she had before seeing Luke again was perfection. Everything was a blur when Luke came. All her perfect ways of life shattered when she ruined all things perfection as her heart soon gave in to Luke's cheeky smile, his bright blue eyes and his sweet touch. It was clear now, Rebecca had made her decision.

Before she could speak, Noah spoke and cut her off.
"He came," he said.
"Who?" Rebecca asked.
"My father."

Silence was rendered to them as neither of them knew what to say. Rebecca didn't know much about Noah's father's disappearing. The only thing she did know was Noah hated him for doing so. She didn't even know Noah's father's name for heaven's sake.
"When did he come?" she asked.
"This afternoon. You were at the spa with my mum and I was catching a drink with Luke and the guys," Noah said, clearing his throat.

Rebecca smiled when Noah referred to Luke's band as 'the guys' but it made it harder for her to let him down easy. Noah was a big fan of Luke's and it was going to be more than just a heartbreak to have her leave him for Luke.

"Someone tapped my shoulder and I turned around expecting one of the camera crew guys but there he was. In the flesh Becca, he was there. The bastard had the guts to flash me a smile and tell me congratulations."

Rebecca was silent again. Everything she had never known about Noah was being revealed to her now. It made her stomach turn and her heart drop. It was going to be harder and harder for her to tell Noah she was in love with someone else.
"I invited him to the wedding and he invited me into his suite. He had his little wife make me ANZAC biscuits to try and win an invitation over."
"Hmm," Rebecca said softly.
"God if I didn't want to marry you so bad I would've said-"
"Stop it."
"Stop what?"

Rebecca felt tears rim her eyes. She wasn't ready. Noah needed her. But she didn't need him. For the longest time she was so ready and she wanted everything and it was given to her. She wanted a Swarovski tiara to wear under her veil for her wedding and she got it. Rebecca wanted Tiffany choker on her neck for the wedding and Tiffany earrings. Everything, it was here and she now didn't want to think about it.

"I love you Noah," she whispered between breaths. She heard Noah huff out a smile and take the frozen fruit off of his eye before trying to kiss her but Rebecca stood up. This was the first time she had ever told Noah she loved him. The other times she just assumed Noah knew. The other times she just assumed she knew too. "But I can't marry you."