One

Luke couldn't stop staring at the electronic invite. Was this the new thing to tell everyone you were getting married in two months? He was confused at first. How did his mother RSVP and find out how to use the website when he didn't? He was only twenty-two for crying out loud! WLuke was supposed to be on top of these new technological things, not his mother. That wasn't even the problem for him. He was going to go, but he didn't want to. Rebecca Richards was the reason he didn't want to go. Rebecca was the girl that told him to go screw himself because his band was going nowhere and she needed someone who could provide for her (though she said it in such a nicer tone but Luke wanted to make it seem like she was mean). Fast forward three years later and Luke was given an e-invite. Was this intentional?

His two fingers swiped down on the mousepad of his laptop to see a little note at the bottom of his invite page. It said 'Dear Luke' and he continued to read.

It's Noah. Rebecca's fast asleep and I know it's been awhile since she's been in contact with you but she'd really like to have you and your band come to the wedding & engagement party (if you're in the area). Feel free to bring an extra! Thanks mate.

Luke rolled his eyes. Noah Scott. Big shot young COO of Ripstar Exports was another name for him. Luke had never met Noah but at the looks of it, he didn't like him. Noah was rich, he had a penthouse suite on the North shores of Sydney that he shared with Rebecca. His family was ridiculously rich and even had a reality show his parents and younger siblings starred on. Sometimes when Luke and his band mates were bored, they would watch Scotts In Sydney.

At the bottom of the page, after scrolling a little more, Luke found out how to RSVP. All he had to do was confirm his email and click yes or no and extra if he were bringing one, or actually going. Sighing and giving in, he clicked yes after putting in his embarrassing childhood email and didn't bother to tick the extra box. Luke didn't know anyone that Rebecca knew that he was still talking to. He didn't want to bring an extra. He had dreams of just hanging out with his newborn niece Caroline at the wedding.

Unfortunately, the clock quickly turned eight o'clock and that was when Luke had to go to his parents' house to help them settle into their new house. His parents were early birds that loved the mornings. Although he was totally unlike them, they were his parents and Luke felt the need to help them out. It wasn't like his brothers were going to fly in just to do that anyway.

When Luke left his small house, he stopped by a McDonalds drive-through for breakfast. He ordered a medium coffee and a bacon and egg muffin that was easy to eat while he drove to his parents new home. Luke only hated two things so far this morning: the purple e-invite and the fact that his parents still lived in Western Sydney which was a forty-minute drive from his house. Why did he move so far anyway? He didn't know.

Once at his parents small green home, Luke walked to the black front door and opened it to see his parents already putting things in the kitchen and wiping down the kitchen benches, unwrapping the dining room chairs from their cushioning and other things. He chugged the rest of his coffee down before helping his parents.

"Did Rebecca invite you yet?" his mother asked. Luke mentally groaned. He didn't want to talk about his ex-girlfriend's wedding.
"Yeah," Luke said anyway.
"Did you RSVP?"
"Yeah."

Luke and his father began to take a few boxes from the garage and into the lounge room to open them up. There was his father's record player and a bunch of vinyls that Luke partially bought for him. Luke smiled at the sight of them; he thought that his father wouldn't dare to bring those because his mother hated that music.
"Are you bringing a plus one?" Luke's father, Andrew asked.
"No," Luke said.
"Oh, maybe you can be your mother's plus one to their engagement party," Andrew said.
"Why?"
"There's a game on that day."