Chapter One- Fates Intertwined

✶∆✶

Attention!!!

This is an old, old, old version of this book and it is NOT good. A new version is up on my profile called The Dragon's Hatred. Please go read that or read this if you want to be a big dumb boy and read something I wrote when I was in sixth grade. 

✶∆✶

The two kingdoms pummeled every opponent that went up against them. King Jude of the Elven Kingdom crushed the ogres and the nymphs. King Igneel of the Demon Kingdom of the Dragons killed every one of the Fallen Angels and the sirens.

The two kings were happy. But then that fateful day came upon them.

Natsu's P.O.V

I winced as Mother's screams echoed through the halls of the castle. I tugged on Father's sleeve. "Father?" I mumbled.

He looked down at me. "What is it, Natsu?" He asked, wincing slightly as another blood curdling scream came from Mother's room.

"Why is my little sister hurting Mother so much?" I frowned. I didn't understand.

Mother talked about how I would love my little sister, Wendy, but I didn't see how I could after she put Mother in so much pain. I could hear Mother's screams. I wasn't stupid. She was hurting.

Father shook his head and knelt in front of me. "When Wendy is born, you must protect her. Do you understand, son?" He narrowed his eyes slightly.

I nodded.

"Do you swear on your honor as the prince of the Demon Kingdom of Dragons?" He gave me a serious face that chilled me to my core.

I put my hand on my heart. "I swear on my honor as a prince." I said, stumbling on a few words.

Suddenly the screams stopped. It was just silence. Then a crash. Father's eyes widened. "Grandine!" He screamed, coughing slightly.

Father was very sick, ever since he was a child. Everyone knew that he wouldn't live long. Even I did at that age. I frowned and began to run to my new sister. I had to protect her. I swore.

"No, Natsu! Don't!" I heard Father yell at me.

I whirled around, rage boiling inside my tiny body. "Why not?!" I demanded.

One of Mother's guards ran in, her chest heaving. "Th-The queen!" She collapsed, blood spilling onto the marble floor.

Everything went red. And all I could hear were the shouts from the guards.

"It was the Elven Kingdom! They killed Queen Grandine and captured the princess!" They all yelled about how the Elven Kingdom betrayed them.

I will burn them all.

Twelve Years Later

I stared out the window of the throne room. "King Dragneel." A deep voice interrupted my thoughts. I looked down at who it was from my throne. My lead guard, Rogue, stared back at me.

"Yes? What is it, Rogue?" I straightened in the velvet colored throne.

Rogue shoved a man forward. He had dark hair that spiked around his head, blue eyes that glared at me, and the thing that made my hatred for him boil. Elven ears.

I bared my teeth. "Who is this disgusting elf?" I demanded, standing up.

Rogue bowed. "Guards found him at the edge of Forbidden Nature. We believe he was trying to spy on us for Princess Heartfilia."

I stomped down the stairs and slapped Rogue across the face. "Do not speak that name in presence!"

The elf grinned. "Princess Heartfilia is wasting her time on you." He smirked. "She should just rush this place and get revenge already."

Revenge? I kneed the elf in the gut. "What is your name, weakling?!" I demanded.

He chuckled. "Gray Fullbuster." He said. "And unfortunately for you..." He slammed his hands, that were tied behind his back, against the floor. "Ice Make- Cannon!" He yelled, ripping his ropes away from his wrists.

A giant cannon made completely of ice towered in front of me. Rogue got ready to use his magic as well but I put my hand up, signaling that I would take care of the insolent pest.

"Fire Dragon Roar!" I yelled, my flames aimed at his pathetic ice creation.

Suddenly ice came flying at me. My eyes widened for a moment. How?

"Shadow Dragon's Slash!" Rogue yelled, slashing the ice and blocking it from me.

I sighed. Damn.

Guards rushed the elven man named Gray and tied chains around his legs and hands. "Take him to the dungeons." I ordered.

I then turned to Rogue. "Summon Gajeel." I demanded as I made my way back to my throne.

Lucy's P.O.V

I closed my eyes. "Princess Heartfilia?" A feminine brought me out of my thoughts. I turned to see Levy, my best friend and personal maid.

I smiled. "Hi Levy." I sighed. "What is it now?"

"Sting Eucliffe is asking for an audience with you." She sighed, puffing up her cheeks in irritation. "I told him no man is allowed to be in Princess' chambers but he insisted like the jerk he is." She crossed her arms and shook her head.

I giggled slightly. "Let him in." I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror, making sure I looked regal. Like a queen. Not just a princess.

My father died a few months ago and I still await my coronation.

"Princess?" Sting walked in awkwardly.

"Yes. What is so urgent that you must bother me in my chambers, Sting?" I rested my hands in my lap.

He sighed. "Gray Fullbuster has been captured by the Dragons." Sting shook his blonde head. "I apologize. We should have sent someone that wasn't so important to our guards."

I smiled. "No, no. It's fine."

Sting shook his head in defeat. "Princess. You are too nice to rule a country."

Suddenly a crash sounded.

"That was from the dungeons." I exclaimed, standing up.

"You stay here, Princess. I will sort this out!" Sting ran out, his eyes narrowed with determination.

Levy ran in. "Princess Heartfilia. Are you okay? Nothing happened to-?"

She was interrupted as something or, better yet, someone smashed through the wall of my chambers. Levy screamed and I glared.

A man with long, spiked black hair, piercing covering his face and body, stood there, his muscular arms crossed.

Levy's ears twitched a slightly blush on her cheeks. I took a step back. Horns twisted on his head. A clear sign that he was a Dragon.

I turned to Levy. "Go! Tell Sting of this immediately!" I ran at the dragon, pulling out my whip Virgo gave to me. Please be safe.