Chapter Twelve-Forever Despair

You got distracted...

The sweet voice sang to him as he laid in the darkness.

Did I? Why was I distracted?

You were worried.

Worried? Is that what that feeling is?

You're a king. And you were defeated by such a minor demon. You need to concentrate.

But... Who are you?

Goodbye, My King

•∆•

Natsu couldn't help but frown when he woke up. He was taken out by a measly demon. He was a dragon king, so why was it so easy for him to be defeated?

Lucy

He groaned. "I've fallen for her." He muttered as he sat up, a hand placed over his pounding head.

Something warm and sticky accumulated on his hand, alarmed he snapped his gaze to his hand as he removed it from his head. Crimson colored blood slid off his hand. He cringed, sitting up with a pained groan.

He stood up, ignoring the immense pain that it caused. "I have to get out of here."

•∆•

Erza stared into the mirror, anger wrapping around her like a snake would to kill its prey. She clenched a fist. King Natsu promised her a new eye, she abandoned her own kingdom just on that small string of hope that she could possibly cry from two eyes. That she could see the setting sun with clear vision once again.

But it was a mistake to trust that King. He was a liar, Erza found. How could she be so blind? A small chuckle escaped her lips at the thought.

"Hello Erza." The voice made her blood run cold.

She slowly turned around. "Jellal."

He smirked, the red marking on his face looked so familiar... it was so... she felt like her world was ending. She didn't want to see him. She didn't want to know that he was so different.

She didn't want this.

•••

Lucy turned slightly to see fire. The flames were dark, black, not the flames she hoped to see. It wasn't Natsu. It was someone else.

Something else.

And all she could feel was fear when the face of the flames morphed into something else. Morphed into nightmares. Into death.

Into despair.

To Be Continued...