Chapter Eight - Escaping Demons

Wendy stumbled back. "W-What?" She mumbled, brown eyes wide.

The woman nodded. "Yes. Did you not know?" She frowned, slightly confused.

Romeo looked at Wendy, now realizing why her ears were not from Elven culture. "Oh no..." He whispered.

Wendy looked at Romeo. "My people are killing..." She pressed her hands to her mouth, tears collecting in her wide, innocent eyes.

She turned around and sprinted away, her blue hair flowing behind her. Tears trailed her closely and she couldn't help but feel like it was all her fault. They blamed the Elves for her disappearance, didn't they?

She found a spot under a tree with purple leaves and sobbed. Something dawned upon her.

"How did I get to the Elven Kingdom?"

•º•

Natsu hated that feeling. He loathed that feeling.

The feeling of knowing you hurt someone.

Her tears made his heart break, made his insides twist. Why? He wanted to ask. Why are you crying when you took my family?! He wanted to scream at her, he wanted to hate her.

But he couldn't.

"What are you talking about?" She asked as tears fell down her face. "We never killed Queen Grandine." Her bottom lip quivered and she tried to sit up.

The pain that flashed across her face made Natsu gently take her shoulders and push her down. "You need rest." He stated sternly.

He was about to speak to her about his mother, about his sister, but he saw the drowsiness that took hold of her and he couldn't say any more words.

Her eyes slowly closed and Natsu sighed when she completely fell asleep. "Why do you have to be so likeable?" He mumbled quietly.

He heard a gasp from behind him and he instantly whirled around, fire consuming his fist. His eyes widened. Spiked orange hair, hazel eyes... "Loke...?" Natsu whispered.

His eyes narrowed. "Leo, actually." He glared. "So Lucy's childhood friend was the prince? You've taken Gray and we need him back."

"Gray...? That idiot?" Natsu glared. "I'm sorry, but Elves are not allowed in my kingdom without permission." Scales began to appear around his skin.

Loke, or Leo, whoever he was, glared right back. "Regulus..." Natsu blinked as he began to mumble a word. "Impact!" He ran at him, shooting up his hand into Natsu's gut.

As Natsu hit a wall and staggered to his feet, Loke hurried to get his princess back. "No!" Natsu shouted, trying to get to Loke and Lucy.

He needed her. As Loke wrapped his arms around Lucy a dark feeling appeared in the bottom of Natsu's stomach. What is this feeling?

"See ya, Lordship." Loke said with smirk and ran.

Natsu fell to his knees, his eyes wide. Why was I so angry? He thought. Why do hate Loke so much? He looked at his hands. Why am I so sad?

•º•

Gajeel stared at Levy as she stared up at the Elven Kingdom. Relief seemed to swamp her and Gajeel realized something. No Demons looked at our Kingdom like that. He began walking toward the castle, his hands in his pockets.

"Wait for me!" Levy exclaimed, running after him.

"Levy!" A guy with orange hair tied up tightly on his head suddenly appeared, examining Levy for injuries. "Did they hurt you? How did you escape?"

Gajeel had no idea why, but he let out a low growl. The guy's head snapped to Gajeel and he stiffened. "Levy... why is there a demon with you? They're destroying Lucy's castle!" He looked at Levy.

She gave him a soft smile. "Jet, it's fine. This is Gajeel, he helped me."

"And she helped me." He said, a threat seeming to linger in his words pointed toward the guy named Jet.

He blinked and looked at Levy. "You're sure?" He asked.

Levy nodded with a soft smile, her features turning gentle.

Gajeel's face turned red and a bit of blood trickled down from his nose.

"Pervert!" Jet accused.

"You want to die, Elf?" Gajeel took a step toward him.

"Guys!" Levy gave them a warning glare.

øøø

I'm so sorry it took so long for this chapter to get out, but school has begun.

Yes I know, it's dreadful.

And I have some studying and homework to do so I'm like... why?

Summer is over and I'm not too happy, but that's fine.

Later Loves

~pinkuninja