Disconnected

-Skyler-

After expressing my appreciation to Calum, I just sat there waiting for him to end the night, knowing he had made his amends.

Ugh, he would definitely think I was a crazy fangirl after sharing how much this meant to me.

"Listen, I didn't do this for any reason apart from the fact that I truly wanted to take you out. Forget that owing you business, it was just an excuse to get me more time with you. This has been the best night I've had in the longest time." Calum says to me.

Just as he finishes, a drop off water hits his cheek. Is he crying? No. Of course, it's raining!

Calum pulls his jacket off his shoulders and throws it over our heads as we retreat under the dock to cover us from the rain.

"I like the summer rain" Calum says.

We smile at each other and start to laugh.

Still chuckling, he says "What, you expect me to let this rain ruin our date?"

"No! But rain sure does have a way of ruining things."

"Well, not for me!" he says. Then he grabs my hand and pulls me back under the rain, as we begin to get completely soaked.

I can't stop laughing. I've never had so much fun and leave it to Calum to make sure this summer rain didn't put a damper on our evening.

He pulls me closer and looks into my eyes through the falling droplets.

"Really though, I like the summer rain. You know what else I like? I like that with you, we put the world away, we get so disconnected. I can be myself with you and not have to worry about the rest of the world."

My heart stops.

My hair is soaked, my makeup is dripping, but in this moment, I'm happier than I've ever been.