You'll Invest Yourself In Me

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?!" The words flew out of her mouth before AnnaLynne had any chance to actually consider her next move. The anger that had been swirling around inside of her reached a climax, causing her to turn in to a volcano of rage; this explosion had many members of the Diamonds either choking back their laughter or chuckling at her despite the vexed state that she was currently residing in.

Turning back around to face AnnaLynne, Lorenzo tapped his wrist and clicked his tongue, "This isn't smart of you, Miss Caven." He waved her on, like she was a rabbit in a garden, the gesture full of sarcasm. As she turned around to move back to her seat, she caught the eye of someone sitting with Lorenzo, his green eyes seemingly piercing her own. He's going to snap the bus no matter what you do, by the way. It's no use. A voice said in the back of her head, and with that, the boy shifted his gaze elsewhere.

Back at her seat, Liam and Collin were arguing over who was going to give themselves up--the boys both shared the same type of power, making it impossible for both of them to volunteer. "I'm obviously the better choice. My powers are stronger than your abilities, Liam." Collin said, snapping his fingers in a sassy way that only Collin could.

"No. NO!" Liam mimicked the snapping motion, extremely over-exaggerating the motion.

As AnnaLynne gazed around the bus, the few people that remained were arguing with their neighbors over the same thing as Liam and Collin. If the Diamonds had meant to cause a mini-social purging, than they had gone above and beyond their goal. The Diamonds, standing triumphantly over the scene, reminded her of the scene in Mean Girls where Reginia George  watched the chaotic hallway full of girls fighting. She reached out to to seperate Liam and Collin, who had left very little distance between them, to keep them from fighting over something so trivial, "Guys, STO--"

"--ALRIGHT! Time is up!" Lorenzo now stood on a seat, hands clasped in front of him, "PRESENT YOUR PICKS!"

The bus errupted in screams and shouts, all arguing over the same thing: who was to go? For a bus full of criminal teenagers, they were are really willing to give themselves up for some vague purpose.

"PICK ME! I'M A TELEPATH!"

"--I'M A SHAPE-SHIFTER!"

"I'M BETTER THAN HE IS!"

"PICK--"

"--NOT HER!"

The phrases being flung out all resembled each other, which seemingly brought a smile to Lorenzo's face, "QUIET!"

"BE QUIET! HE'S SPEAKING!" Someone yelled out, causing most everyone to cease their arguments.

"I knew that this would happen. We Diamonds have picked the ones we believe are best." Lorenzo smirked at this statement, which brought many protests from the mob. "Alrighty! Let's get started! I'll announce the physically-capable hero. His name is...Liam Lester." Lorenzo motioned for Liam to stand up and join him, and so Liam did.

Xander cleared his throat, also standing up on his seat, "For the biologically-powered tribute, we have selected Celeste Marr." He motioned to the front of the bus where a fair-haired, young girl stood. She widened her eyes and cautiously stepped forward, the crowd of people parting for her. Continuing this careful walk all the way until she reached Xander's feet, Celeste dared not look anyone in the eye. She took a seat underneath Xander.

A boy that AnnaLynne didn't recognize rose to his feet and pointed to a tall, lanky boy in the crowd beneath him, "You. You're the pick for the manipulative-hero. Good job...Ray Way." After Ray had made his way to his announcer, he also sat down.

The emerald-eyed boy was on his feet in a swift movement, stepping up on to the seat just as quickly, "I have the pleasure of announcing the mentally-based pick. For this, we have unanimously selected AnnaLynne Caven." The people around her shot her varied glances, some congraulatory and some of them jealous.

She didn't move.

"Come on, Miss Caven." The boy said again. Come here. So you're in my mind? That's irrelevant. COME HERE.

Wordlessly, she obeyed the command and walked forward. It wasn't a quiet walk like the other's walk, but one with a small amount of pep as a little show of defiance that no one noticed except for the Diamonds.

"Well, I guess that's it. Goodbye." Lorenzo snapped his fingers and the whole world seemed to fall apart beneath her feet.

(((So we're reading Julius Caesar in class (my favorite!) and I'm drawing a lot of comparisons between JC and Slightly Sarcastic. See if you can spot them! c; Also, PLEASE recommend this book and check out 'Children's Games' which is much better written than this. c; )