Chapter 8: The One With Memories

"Everybody Hide" Someone yelled and I had to step away from the pancakes I was making to see what all the fuzz was about. I usually ignore these types of situation where I don't know what is going on but this seems important. 

"What's going on?" Another voice yelled out.

"The Alpha lost control" I immediately stiffened. I have never seen him out of control but I've experienced him in control and it was awful.

Then a loud growl ripped through the air. I quickly ducked behind the sink hoping my heartbeat wasn't beating fast enough for him to hear me and that the smell of pancakes would mask my scent.

I stayed still and took deep and slow breaths but that wasn't enough. He appeared right in front of me out of nowhere.

I screamed and ran to the exit but he wasn't having it. His claw took hold of my back and ran down it.

Thankfully it wasn't deep enough but it still looked like a blood river. I cried as the pain erupted in my whole body. My body heated immediately as I felt the blood leave my body. 

Before I knew it an even sharper pain flooded through my body from my shoulder. I looked back to see a knife stuck in my left shoulder.

"Stop it" I yelled when he yanked it out and stabbed me again.

"it hurts, Stop it" I yelled again but he didn't listen to me.

"Lily, are you alright?" I heard but I couldn't response from the pain as I kept yelling.

"Lily wake up!" The voice yelled again. "Goddammit wake up" I felt like I was dumped a bucket of ice water as I woke up.

I looked around the room expecting to see Alpha Williams or the blood tiles that were surrounding me that day. But instead I was met with the refreshing sight of my new room and my handsome mate.

"Are you alright?" Logan asked breathing deeply.

"Yeah sorry, it was just a nightmare" I clarified for mostly me and not him. I can't even escape from Alpha Williams in my dreams. That's how it always has been. Being tortured by day and having to live through it again by night. I just have to thank the moon goddess for sending someone to rescue me otherwise I would've lost it and become insane.

"Oh, I thought you were giving birth or something" Logan said and I looked at him weirdly.

"You thought I was giving birth?" I asked him and he scratched the back of his head.

"Or something" Was his response. I shook my head and fully turned to the left, to Logan's side.

"You're something else Logan Walker" I pondered for a second before furrowing my eyebrows. "What's your middle name?" I asked him and he gently smiled.

"My full name is Logan Edward Walker" He said and I giggled. "You're like that vampire from Twilight".

"Don't compare me to him" He said in disgust. "Anyway what's your full name, pretty lady?".

"My full name, young Edward, is Lily Madeline Crawford" I said with a really bad British accent.

He chuckled and shook his head. "That was a horrible accent" Was his loving response.

"Yeah it was" I laughed along with him. "What time is it?" I asked him. Logan looked behind me and then back to me.

"It's 9 in the morning and now that we're in that subject. I am going on my run, would you like to join me?" He asked me.

I trained until I was 14 and then the only time I went outside was to distribute water. I may be a little bit out of shape, I guess I can run a few miles. If I hadn't been denied training I would be as good enough to defend myself at least.  

"I would love to. Just a warning, I may be a bit out of shape" I said and he shrugged.

"It's okay, I'll just go slow" He said and we stayed a few seconds in silence before he talked. "Do you have clothes to run in?" I immediately shook my head.

"Don't worry about that" A knock sounded on the door and Logan stood up to open it.

I enjoyed the view of his half Naked self as he walked to the door, opened it and closed it. This time he came back with a pack of clothes in his hand. He dropped it on the bed and gave me a radiant smile.

"Here, I don't know if this would fit you. Just yell through the door if they don't so I'll get something else, okay?" I nodded and got off the bed. I took the clothes with me as I walked over to the bathroom.

I closed the door behind me but didn't lock it since I know Logan won't enter. I hope he won't. On second thought, let me lock it. Just in case.

I quickly took a closed pack of a purple toothbrush. That's when I remembered that I didn't brush my teeth the night before. I must really have a bad case of morning breath. I have morning breath and I actually talked to Logan like this, gross. 

After I brushed my teeth I took a mouth full of mouthwash and spat it in the sink.

I did my business in the toilet before discarding of my clothes and putting on the clothes Logan gave me. It was a grey sports bra that was frankly too tight. But I think that's how it's suppose to be, I think. A cover up grey shirt that had all the phases of the moon on the front size. The shirt was a little baggy but it's more comfortable this way. I quickly pulled up the black yoga pants and put on the white shoes that were the only thing that was my size. At least they guessed mostly right.

I ran a hand through my hair and then made it into a ponytail. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. All done.

I went back outside with my pajamas in hand and placed them on top of my suitcase. "You should really unpack. Here" He said walking over to his drawer and opening all of the right drawers. "These are your own drawers and you also have half of the closet for your stuff" I looked around but didn't see any closet.

"Where's the closet?" I asked him and a smirk appeared in his face.

He took my hand and walked to another door and with a small 'ta-da' he opened the door. The size of the closet is the same as my old room. It was filled with suits and shirts and a lot of shoes. I can just imagine how good he would look in a tuxedo.  

"Feel free to fill it" He said and left to go to the bathroom.

I immediately went and took my suitcase and walked back to the closet. I placed the small amount of shoes I had in the floor and then started taking the dresses and shirts that couldn't spend a lot of time folded in hangers. I knelt down to pick up the suitcase when I heard a growl behind me.

"What is that?" Logan said with another growl. I looked behind me to see him looking down at my back. Especially the part where the shirt had risen and a huge scar showed its way.
"It's nothing" I said nervously and fixed my shirt. I took the suitcase and stood up. I walked past Logan thinking I avoided the conversation but was proven wrong when he grabbed my wrist and turned me to him.

In a swift mood he took off my shirt and threw it in the room. In any other way this would've been sexual or romantic but it wasn't. Because he wasn't staring at anything else than my scars.
"Lily, who did this to you?"

"I have noticed that if you look carefully at people's eyes the first five seconds they look at you, the truth of their feelings will shine through for just an instance before it flickers away"

-Sue Monk Kidd