Chapter 21: The One Underground

"Come on Spencer you have to drink at least a sip" I said to him as I tried to get him to drink his orange juice. He always left it all behind, he just ate breakfast without drinking anything. 

"I don't like it" He crossed his arms and I finally gave up.

"Fine, do you want apple juice?" I asked him and he nodded. Really? That's all it took?

I went to the center's kitchen and got him a glass full of apple juice. "Here" As soon as I placed the glass on the table he picked it up and drank it all at once, it was like he had never tasted it.

"Want more?" I laughed. He smiled at me and shook his head.

"So, what do you want to do today?" I asked him.

"Draw" He said excitedly. Well okay then, I actually draw as good as a 2 year old but if he wants to who am I to deny him the right?

He grabbed my hand and we walked over to his bed. He grabbed a notebook that was under his pillow and a case full of pencils from his drawer.

"You want to see them?" He asked and I nodded. I thought I was going to see drawings of flowers but instead I saw a bunch of drawings made by a professional, not a 7 year old. One of the ones that caught my eye were of 2 wolves sleeping with their heads against each other and another one that was really similar to the moon goddess with wings in the .

"Spencer, who is this?" I asked him and he shrugged. "I don't know, I just dreamed about her" He said. Well okay, now that's weird.

"Can you draw something for me so I can put it in my room?" I asked him and in an instance, the biggest smile I had ever seen was spread across his small face.

"Really? You like them?" He asked excitedly. "Of course, they're really beautiful" The smile never left his face as he nodded. He was going to answer me when an alarm sounded throughout the house.

'We have an attack, anyone who isn't trained go into the underground passage' Logan announced through the mind link.

"Spencer, let's go right now" I said to him, grabbed him by the arm and carried him. I started running out of the door. "Wait, my notebook" He yelled. I quickly ran back and took his notebook with the case and handed it to him. I then, once again ran out of the room and met up with Jen and the kids who just arrived from the park. That's why Spencer and I were alone. Apparently, he didn't want to go today. He does this a lot with group activities. 

From what Logan told me, every building in this territory has a door leading into a sort of basement that was secure from attacks. Another 3 people that worked in the center were getting the babies out, using their body as a shield from the attacker that we had yet not seen. I led them to the passage and went back upstairs to help. I caught Holly, an intern that was also carrying the babies. "Are they more?" I asked her and she shook her head before going down the elevator. Yeah, there was an elevator, the babies and incapacitated need to be safe too. And no I don't know how much this cost. 

I got a random bag and filled it with water bottles, juices and snacks and went back downstairs. I went straight to Jen and gave it to her. "Be safe" I said before heading back up again but Spencer stopped me.

"I'll give you your drawing when you come back" He said and gave me a kiss in the cheek before running back to Jen. I smiled at him and ran back up the stairs. I immediately walked off the building and shifted into my wolf.

I followed the distant smell of rogues and tried to talk to Logan but I was just blocked off. Well, that isn't good. I ran faster until I reached the mess that was the fight.