Chapter 2: Happy Reunions

~America~

Takings maxon's arm my emotions soar! I'm so thrilled that i'm going to dance with him.  we head for the dance floor.

My hands rest on his shoulder , his on my waist. "so what did you want to talk about?" I say as I try my best to not step on his feet.

" You, How is.... everything?"

"Fine." I say flatly " How are you and Kriss?

"Good I guess."

Stifling a laugh I say, "I guess?! That's the best you can say I mean you have an amazing relationship with her!"

Right then I wanted to blurt out that I still had feelings for him, I wanted to be his dear! I wanted Kriss to be out of the picture. I stopped my self. I have to be proud for her I have to be there for her, Kriss, my best friend.

We continue dancing in silence. I'm so focused thinking about what could of been, that I hadn't noticed I stepped on his foot till he said something.

"Oww! Your still haven't learned how to dance have you?!" he says smiling

Blushing I say, "At least I'm trying."

The song ends and we slowly walk back over to the crowd, laughing and talking. Kriss sees me and calls us over, its a happy sight to see her and all of the other old selection Candidates. I embrace everyone.

"Oh America, you look amazing as always." said Emily

"thank you so do you!"

Turning toward kriss I complement her dress, its a slimming red dress that brings out her eyes. "Happy anniversary Kriss!"

"Thank you everyone!" she says kindly, " i have a surprise for all of you! I have decided that you can all stay at the palace this month! you will all stay in the rooms you had during the selection. everyone will have 3 maids, which they can choose, My treat!"

We were all astonished, it would be like old times.

"Thank you" was all I could muster

"No problem. Now everyone head to your room get some sleep, because I have a lot planned tomorrow!"

We all turned and headed for the door. The palace looked as if I never left, it was as magnificent as ever. Falling away from the rest of the group I headed toward the garden. Stepping out on to a little path I followed it into the garden. The night sky shone with stars "There beautiful" I whispered

"yes they are aren't they." said a voice behind me. hurriedly turning around I was relieved it was Maxon.

Looking at me he says "Do you still want to know how to tell what color each star is?"

Looking up at him I said "Of course."