Chapter 11: The rule of three

~ Maxon ~

I grow more frustrated every day im in this dark musty cell. 

 I have to escape to find my love,  my red headed beauty with the ice blue eyes. After my anger clouded my decision in the selection. When i said three word, three word i wish i could of snatched them right out of the air when they left my lips.

"I. Choose. Kriss." The Girls behind me let out a collective gasp. I slowly  turn to face them to see America her eyes brimming with tears, her hand covering her mouth as she lets out a sob. In an instant she is running down the hall her blue dress trailing behind her as she ran away. Ran away from me from us, from the monster who made her cry. 

What have i done?! 

I follow America out of the house into the rain. Her feet hit the cobble stone as she gets closer to the gait. Water is making my cloths stick to me, my hair is getting in my eyes. But i keep running after her.

She reaches the open gait. Turns to leave but stops. her breath rising like smoke in the frigid air. Her beautiful face turns toward me. 

"america I..." but she cuts me off.

"Maxon if you love Kriss marry her, but i have to tel you this before you do... I love you maxon." With that she darts through the gate further into the rain.

"I love you too..." i stammer but my voice is carried away by the wind. I fall into my knees the rain and mud gathering around me. My heart breaks, it shatters. My anguish for what i had done belts out of my like a cry from a hideous beast. All my pain and frusteration finally drains from me. i slowly pick my self up and head into the castle to my new future, a future without America.

I had finally had her back in my arms but i lost her again, she slipped through my fingers like grains of sand. I will get out and i will find her and when i do i will never ever loose her again. In the cell i sat waiting for my moment bidding my time until i could finally get free and make it back to my America. My Mer. 

My thoughts are redirected by the sound of feet hitting the wet stone. Closer and closer they come. Until they come to a stop in front of my cell, the figure is out lined by the torchlight face obscured by shadows. The man has something in his arms. It is so small. The man takes out his keys and places it in the lock. He opens the cage and steps in, placing the bundle on the ground. I don't make a move. As his hands leave the bundle it disturbed the fabric revealing a face so fair, a face I recongnuse as America's sister. 

I gasp. 

Her face is hard to see in the dim light. She is unmoving,  so still. The cage door closes and the man slowly walks away mumbling. I  quietly slide over to her body and place a hand on her face. Still warm. I run my hand down her cheek my hand comes back sticky and wet. I bring my hand up to my nose, blood. I place my clean hand on the back of her head. trying to get her face into the light but it too is wet with blood. 

Her blood.

I quickly place her head onto the ground. I take off my shirt  revealing my skin to the frigid air . I start to wrip it into strups and slowly wrap them around her blood covered head.  Tears well up in my eyes obscuring my vision.

"Oh May... What did those monsters do to my?"

Only her raged breathing and the sound of the man foot falls ,growing ever fainter, answer me. Only a monster could do this to such an innocent human being. Then it hits me all at once, like a borage of arrows, that May is bait. Bait to lure America here into the Trap that Aspen has wove. He knows what buttons to press and he has pressed the very one that America is willing to sacfifice her selffor.

Family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I may update and add to this chapter. hope you like it