Chapter 15: Taking Chances

America

The rain fell softly as if it knew of the hardships both behind and ahead. Each droplet alighted on my skin with just enough coolness too command my mind to the present, to pull me away from the pain of the past and the uncertainty of what was to come. The beads over my face, more numerous than even the freckles on my skin, joined to wash over me in a delicate cascade of trickles. I raised my eyes to the grey layer that touched every mountain top, there was more to come before the skies cleared, of that i could be sure.

i pull away from Josh's embarrass, the thought of our kiss lingering in the back of my mind. How could the simplest acts knockdown my walls i had built. Emotions flooded my mind, Good Bad.

Josh's hand slid into my hand, my brain screamed at me to let it go to forget and to remember the hurt. But my heart was telling me the opposite, intertwining my hand in his my walls crumbled exposing me to the monster of love. My hands fit perfectly into his strong calloused ones.

I can't stop thinking about him.

I don't know how he has gotten into my head. And I hate the fact that he can mess up with my mind just so easily. To be honest, I'm afraid of love. I'm afraid of the feeling that someone keeps sticking in my heart, making me wondering all night whether he had feelings for me too. You know, that kind of pain. Pains are caused by being rejected when you decide to give all your heart to someone doesn't need it. Pains are caused by opening your heart so easily and casually.

So I tell myself that he isn't the right one. Maybe he is. Maybe i should keep my distance from him. Make sure that I can hold and keep a little piece that I still have inside my heart.

People  told me that love can destroy a person.

  But no one told me  that love can heal a person, too.

But taking this chance, opened my eyes to the possibilities,that just because I was hurt once doesn't mean I cant love again. I look at josh the water droplets rolling down his face.

As he leaned foreword my pulse raced. A small lock of hair tumbled in front of my face, resting just in front of my cheek, but with one swift slide of his thumb, it was brushed out of the way. Looking into his eyes I saw deep pools of blue that displayed his soul. His lips touched my cheek. Time stopped. My heart came to a halt. My breath caught in my throat. Our fingers locked together similar to puzzle pieces. As the soft skin of his mouth left the side of my face, the exact spot where they had come into contact burned and tingled. A hot blazing fire pulsed through me. A small grin crept onto my face and my cheeks painted themselves rose red. He pulled away silently, but our eyes locked, having a private conversation of their own.

Slowly he turned making his way to the cave, leaving me to my thoughts. My eyes followed him until he went our of sight and I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maxerica or Josherica?!