chapter 13: I love

~America~

I decided to follow josh out into the rain.

The kiss was sweet but after Maxon broke my heart I told my self that I wouldn't fall for anyone, because I realized love hurts.

Stopping In my tracks I see josh standing there in the rain, back towards me, his shirt sticking to his skin. As he moves to wipe the water from his face his muscles rolling under his shirt.

As I looked at him I realized that "Love hurts" is the biggest lie out there. Love heals, love makes people whole again and love fills them with the goodness they need to be as kind and loving as their Creator intended. What hurts is betrayal, thoughtlessness, uncaring attitudes and careless gossip. What hurts is people being unfriendly, not welcoming a new person to neighbourhood or making "exclusive" cliques that are defined by who is "not welcome." What hurts is bullying, harassment, selfishness and greed.

Love on the other hand is the greatest gift mankind ever received, a gift that lives on within us all. Love is a gift that needs nurturing - it is the truth within us that knows life cannot be given a price tag. Love knows to be kind and never to hurt or kill. Love knows to treat your neighbour as yourself. Love is what we crave from birth, a craving that must be met by our new and loving earth-bound family. Love knows that a life is worth more than a pair or new shoes or designer makeup. Love is what can save us, make us fully human again and raise us up in the eyes of the Lord.

As I stood there taking in his perfectness, he turns to face me. Our eyes connect.He walked up to me slowly and pulled me closer to him wrapping his arms around me. His embrace is warm, and his big, strong arms seemed very protective when wrapped around my frail body. The world around me melted away as I squeezed him back, not wanting the moment to end.

The rain runs down our faces to where my lips meet his , each of us tasting the cold drops. Instead of detracting from the intensity of the moment it brings us to new heights. Josh pushes his lips in more firmly and the wave that runs through me is intoxicating, making my head swim as I pull back to take in his beautiful face.

"I love you" I whisper.

"I love you"  He said, "I have since I first layed eyes on you."