Chapter 10: Maybe For the Better

~ America~

I'm soaked. I'm cold and I'm not happy. This stupid rain has ruined everything! Everything. My chance of saving May  from Aspen. Aspen... I can't believe I thought I once loved him.

"America over here." calls Josh. "I found shelter!" His beaming face pops from around a rock formation. His wet hair is plastered to his face. Cheeks red from the cold.

I'm reluctant to leave my shelter created by a tree. "Your sure?" I say, my teeth chattering.

He walks over to me and takes my hand, my heart speeds up, and leads me out of the cover and toward the rocks. As we walk I can see how his shirt is plastered onto his skin. His muscles roll underneath  his shirt. "See?" he smiles, his crooked awe-shucks smile. I can feel my face heating up. From the cold? It has to be. His hand still gripping mine, as he leads me into the cave.

Inside the cave I can see he has set out our supplies and even started a little fire. His hand leaves mine and instantly I'm missing the feeling of his soft hands against mine. I decide to go sit by there and warm up my now soaked clothes. Josh walks up to the fire and sits down next to me. I cant help but glance at him. A shudder goes through me and I'm back to being cold.

"America are you cold?" he looks at me, with those chocolate brown eyes that can make your heart melt. 

"um... a Little." I reply,not meeting his eyes. Before I can blink his warm body is sitting next to me and his arm is around my shoulder. I'm stiff and awkward. I have no idea what to do! so I decide to rest my head on his shoulder. I lift my eyes,looking up at his beautiful face. His eyes meet mine.

No! I cant do this! Last time I had feeling was with Maxon and he broke my heart. I wont take that chance again.

I lower my eyes from his gaze and  Lift my head off his shoulder. His arm doesn't leave my shoulder. I don't know what to do anymore. I want to like him but.... I cant even finish my thought before his lips connect with mine. I surprised by this but I soon melt into it.

He pulls away.

His eyes wont meet mine."I uh... Sorry." standing up he turns to leave the cave, " I will um... be back later. Bye America" He leave the comfort of the cave and heads into the rain.

I curl up next to the fire. Trying to fill the cold empty feeling I now felt after Josh left. The fires crackling lulls me to sleep. The warmth of the kiss lingers on my now lonely lips. The thought of the kiss still lingering in my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please don't hate me guys! I know you might want her to fall in love with Maxon but i don't know yet!