Chapter 5 - The reveal

Kaye's POV

It's break time right now and seeing as Cole already invited me to hang out with him and his group of friends, I looked around the lunch hall, which Ashley lead me to before she went with her group of friends, I spotted Cole and walked over to him.

'Hey' I said with a smile, Cole greeted me back and introduced me to the group. There are six people in the group including Cole who is the co-captain of San Antonio's basketball team. Adam, a very tall guy, maybe 6'2" is the captain of San Antonio's basketball team and is actually not a douchebag unlike most jocks, his twin Andrew-Andy for short is the captain of the soccer team, just as tall as Adam and right now, the only way i can tell them apart is by the shirts they're wearing.

Jester, lives up to his name as he is the funny one in the group, sometimes he doesn't even know that what he says is funny and his clumsiness adds to his already funny personality. Trip, is probably the most musically talented person i have and will ever know, this guy can sing and play all sorts of instruments, some i haven't even heard of.

The last one, well i don't really know whe--'Hey guys, sorry I'm late, had to talk to the teacher' said a nerdy looking guy, the other guys responded with nods and introduced me too him. Joseph, is the smart one in the group, all the guys in the group are pretty smart but Joseph is like the next Stephen Hawking, i can tell because he said he likes to study in his free time a lot but he also still finds time to spend time with the other guys.

The group really is like a family and I'm really proud that soon, i'll be recognized as one of them, the guys are also surprisingly not douchebags and are fun to hang out with. Despite the fact that i've only been with them for about ten minutes, I can tell they'll all be in my life for a long time.

The whole day was filled with introducing myself in every class, which was pretty useless because nearly everyone in my maths class was also in my other subjects too. Seeing as i'm in all the advanced classes, it also made sense that Joseph was also in all of them, in some lessons, some of the other guys from the other group would be in the class, in those classes, the group sits together. When there's only Joseph and Ashley i know in the class, i would sit next to Joseph, but when i sit next to him, i find my eyes straying to Ashley, almost burning a hole through her head by staring so much, it's a good thing she sits at the front. Joseph was not in my Spanish class or P.E. class, so for Spanish i planned to sit next to Ashley. Since Ashley and I had Spanish next so we walked to class together.

Ashley's POV

The walk to spanish was silent, however i did notice that a few girls were trying to get Kaye's attention and that annoyed the hell out of me, even more so when Kaye would give them what they wanted and gave them attention by winking at them. Not that I have a problem with it or anything of the sort, i just don't think girls should be so upfront about and flirty....it makes them look slu------ what the hell? what's gotten into me? I don't normally think of people like that.

---

Spanish was good, the teacher basically just introduced us to the topics we will be looking at this year and went over the basics of Spanish. Obviously Kaye already knew the basics so all she done all through the lesson was play games on her phone and when she got bored, she would try to annoy me and it worked damn well! Every time i gave her an annoyed face, she would just laugh at me and continue to annoy while i try my hardest to ignore her.

The bell rang which meant last lesson has ended, unluckily for me i still had cheerleading practice so i had to make my way over to the gym. As i was walking to the gym, Kaye joined my side.

"Hey, wanna go home together?" She said with a nonchalant tone

"Sorry, I can't. I have practice" I really felt bad because even though she was annoying, she was still new to the area and might get lost. What makes it worse is that she doesn't even have a ride home.