Chapter 16 - Lucky?

☯ Kaye's POV ☯     Song on the side is super cool ----------->>>

There's this rumour that I can't seem to ignore, everyone's talking about it. I mean it make sense for it to be this big of a deal; it is your first relationship after all. Tired of all the rumours, I decided to investigate the issue myself...

"But I can't just take people's words for it" or "She's my friend's sister, it's only natural for me to look out for her" or "I just want info that I can blackmail her with" these were just a few of my thoughts; trying to convince myself that it was because of anything but this ache in my chest.

The first time I heard the news about you getting a boyfriend, my heart constricted and it felt like someone was squeezing it dry. That day, I went home, took my longboard out and skated for about 4 hours nonstop; even when I got a cut, I didn't stop. I welcomed the pain from those cuts; anything to divert the pain in my chest somewhere else. After that longboard session, I stubbornly concluded that my heart ached because my pride was just hurt as I've never been rejected and replaced so easily in my life.

And soon after that, I got over the feeling and just let it sit there, I couldn't care less, I can just ignore it. But I still went on with my plan to investigate the matter; so I asked Sarah to go to school with me the next morning. To get some information from her. Of course, she said yes.

The next morning, I woke up early because I told Sarah we could meet up really early, so we can catch up over coffee. Damn. I had to get up like 5.30am just to get ready. Such a hassle... but then again, this is like hitting two birds with one stone; i can resolve any hard feelings with Sarah while i investigate the Ashley boyfriend thing. When I went out of my gate, she was already outside in her car, waiting.

Sarah and I always had an easy flowing chemistry; that's why I chose to reconcile with her out of all the other girls, and also why I actually feel bad for breaking her heart. Sarah and I started joking around inside the car and we were laughing until we got inside the cafe. We went to a cafe next to a park "Park Cafe", it was a nice cafe; it had a really nice ambience and had a good selection of food to go along with their nice coffee.

---

"So why did you suddenly want to catch up?" Sarah said before taking a sip of her coffee.

"Well, I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I have recently stopped in my sexcapades with cheerleaders" I said to her, looking out of the window to the park.

"Yes I have noticed. Not that it matters anymore, because I don't like you like that anymore" She said playfully while poking my forehead.

"Oh wow. I didn't stop for you, you know" I said to her [not] jokingly

"Ah! I feel hurt! we had good chemistry, you know!" She said while holding her chest in shock, jokingly.

"So who is this new person that replaced me in your heart?" I asked her.

"FYI you were never in my heart, and he's in the basketball team. He consoled me one time, when I was crying about how you used me" she says defensively, she probably still feels hurt by what I did to her. I mean, who wouldn't?

"Ahhhh you know I am really sorry for that..." I said to Sarah sincerely, I really do feel sorry for what I did, and we did havechemistry... to be good friends.

---

So me and Sarah caught up on things that we missed out for the two months that we didn't talk to each other.

I managed to get a bit of information from her about Ashley's boyfriend, without seeming like I was fixated on Ashley and her boyfriend. Apparently the guy's name is Miguel and he's in the football team. That's all that I could get out of her without her thinking that I was intrigued about Ashley's relationship.