Chapter 13 - Everything has changed

THIS HAS NOT BEEN CHECKED FOR GRAMMATICAL AND SPELLING ERRORS.

"Noooo! Ps4 is better!" Jester says to Kaye.

"Xbox one is better." Kaye says nonchalantly while Jester seemingly looks more affected. To be honest she was only arguing with Jester to kill time;  she was bored.

"Why do you insist that? I'm going to give you at least 10 reasons why ps4 is so much better. 1......" Kaye never ever heard Jester's first point because she started to zone out. it's been about two months since their 'kiss'.

Their relationship went stale and would only talk to each other if needed. Their group of friends can't see any differences in the two's relationship, but to them, the difference in their actions are so significant that it raises a red flag in their heads. It's nearly like they switched personalities.

Kaye stopped going to parties and stopped playing with cheerleaders' hearts. On the other hand, Ashley started going to parties and now dating a guy. Their friends just thought that they were just changing aspects of themselves for the better or coming out of their shell.

All their friends thought that, except for one. That's why he's trying to distract Kaye as much as he can right now, even if he talks about pointless things. He notices the switch and he doesn't want to say anything just in case he's wrong.

It's Jester. Jester who is just awkwardly in the middle of the group. Jester who is literally the laugh of the group. Jester who actually cares more than he let's on but doesn't know how to show it. Well, at least he's trying to show it, unlike Kaye who insists she doesn't care about Ashley.

There's a reason of course.You see, Kaye is stubborn, always was and always will be. But the root of the stubborness in this topic, is that, Ashley barely acknowledges her presence anymore. Like Kaye is nothing to her at all. Kaye knows she messed up, but how can she say sorry to someone who ignores her, and so she does the same. She ignores Ashley all the same.

 You see, It's not that Kaye intends to be stubborn, it's just how she is. She doesn't like rejection and she doesn't like being the one to make the first move, so she waits, until Ashley has 'calmed down' to finally talk to her, or at least make some type of communication.

But, Ashley's also doing the same thing, she's waiting, and waiting and waiting. She just wants an apology for how she had been wronged. A simple apology and she can at least start being nice to Kaye again. "Why should I be the one to approach her when it wasn't my fault in the first place?" Ashley thinks to herself.

--------------------------

'Clearly they don't know the consequence of their heated interaction' Cassie thought to herself as she watched the two awkwardly avoid each other.

"tsk tsk tsk. So that's why they're so awkward towards each other, I should've known, Ashley never really showed interest in guys, always calm and smiling. Then Kaye comes and she's all hot headed" Cassie was thinking too much of the two's business that she was neglecting Cole who seemed to be talking to her.

"Are you listening?" Cole asks Cassie who is obviously distracted. Cassie shakes her head to clear her head. She knows that if she tells Cole, she's dead meat, after all, Ashley told her not to tell Cole, but's she's also dead meat if Cole finds out that she knew about it and didn't tell him.

"Y-yeah, just didn't get much sleep last night." Cole understood and hugged Cassie by the side, even though he knew she wasn't telling him the whole story.

You must be confused. On the night Kaye stole a kiss from Ashley, Cassie had the unfortunate luck of witnessing the exchange. It wasn't that she was disgusted by it, it's just that she can't really share it with anyone, because she'll have to ask permission from Ashley if she wants to share it with someone else.

The thing is, Ashley and Kaye doesn't know that she knows what happened and their reasons for their sudden personailty change.

"Anyway, as I was saying..." Cole continues on, as he knows he now has her attention.

"I really don't like that guy that Ashley's dating.... wait what was his name again?... Mitchell? Michael? Ehhh i don't care, I'm gonna get rid off him anyway." Now cole definitely has Cassie's attention.

"His name's Miguel, and don't be such a douchebag, Ashley's very fond of him" Cassie says, even though she thinks Ashley is only using Miguel for distraction.

"Look. She's my only sister, I'm only being a good protective brother. Besides, he's not serious about my sister, he's dating some other girl." Cassie thinks about this. In contrast, Kaye isn't even dating Ashley yet and she's already stopped sleeping around, not even paying attention to other girls.

"You're such a gossip, how do you even know that?" Cassie asks, curious.

"Well I heard it from Andrew, who heard it from some guy in the football team, who heard it from his girlfriend, who's friend is the other girl that the Miguel guy is also dating" Cole says with extreme ease, while Cassie is sat in front of him; confused.

"And I know it's true because I actually saw them together, not that it's bad, because Ashley and him aren't together yet, but it just shows how not so serious he is about her." Cole says in addition

It took a while to process, but when it did, it made her angry, just how Cole was feeling.

"Well he doesn't deserve her. She can do so much better" Cassie says

"Exactly! I don't even know what brought this sudden change in her actions anyway. All of a sudden picking a guy to date. She didn't even take her time to choose" Cole says. Well Cassie knows, she knows enough to know that Miguel doesn't mean a lot to Ashley, that's why she picked him without hesitance.

Cassie's guilt started to kick in, she was so torn between telling him and keeping Ashley's secret, which Ashley obviously didn't want to talk about with her.

"Well, she's actually interested in someone else" So she gives a bit of the truth.

"Well it doesn't seem like it, the only person she seems to be hanging around these days is that Mitchell guy."

"Cole. It's Miguel. Miguel. Anyway, she's had a bit of a fall out with the person she's interested in." Cassie says.

"Well then who is it?" Cole asks. Cassie fidgits uneasily, not sure on how to tell him.

"She hasn't told me. She's really adamant on not telling until she's sure that they'll work out whatever it is they're having a fallout on" Cassie lies. Well, a white lie.

"Well, that guy's pretty important then" Cole says, trying to think of who it is. Cassie gets more uncomfortable, knowing that the person Ashley is interested in is far from a 'guy'.

"I get why she doesn't want to tell you though. I can still remember the time Jo (Joseph) had a crush on this guy and you basically stalked the guy" Cole was rolling on the floor laughing at the memory.

"I nearly got jealous, except I knew the guy was gay and you had no chance" Cole says still rolling on the floor laughing.

Cassie started hitting him and kicking him on the floor, but to Cole it was nothing, still laughing his ass off.

--------------------

Yeah..........So.......

Sorry for a very very long wait. I know it doesn't include any interaction between Kaye and Ashley but, just to give you guys a heads up on what's happening.

I got a part time job now and I'm quite busy with college...... really sorry :(

I'll be updating again in one or two weeks. Probably the latter though.