Chapter 1 - New neighbourhood

Chapter 1

Kaye's POV

It's officially been an hour since my family and I moved into our new house in California. I'm loving it so far. It's definitely different; the sunny weather outcasts the gloomy weather we normally have in the UK, and it just seems more lively. I'm excited to get to know my new surroundings, but that 12 hour flight exhausted me. You would think I would have been sleeping for most of the flight, but instead, I was awake the whole flight because of my fear of the plane crashing in the vast ocean. Anyway, I'm just happy I'm off that plane and can finally sleep. Now.... which room should I choose?

There are 10 bedrooms in the house, when I finally reached a room that I liked, the one that faced the front of the house, on the second floor, I immediately jumped on the bed and relaxed in the comfort of the sheets. Moving was easy as we didn't have to bring too much from the house in London, because the house was already fully furnished when my dad bought it.

 ------

"Kaye come downstairs and have breakfast!" that's my mum shouting from downstairs as usual, I don't know how she knows I'm awake but if I don't get up now she'll get pissed and I'll have to listen to her talk crap all day to me. "I'm coming! I'm just going to have a shower first!" I shout from my new bedroom, I quickly have a shower, got changed into some black skinny Jeans, a red flannel and my vans, I check my reflection in the mirror - I'm 5'11, I have a slightly toned body, mid length dark brown hair, hazel eyes, slightly tanned skin and a perfect set of pearly white teeth. After checking myself out via the mirror, I went downstairs to have breakfast.

Breakfast went by with us talking about school starting tomorrow - me and my sister (Piper) was overly excited about not having to wear school uniform, my Dad left breakfast early just like normal - he said he had to go to the hospital so that he'll be ready to work with patients tomorrow when he officially start work. When I finished breakfast I went upstairs to my room to get everything ready for tomorrow so that I wouldn't have to worry about it later.

I got bored so I put my knee pads and helmet on, took my longboard and told one of the maids to tell my mum that I'm going to be outside longboarding. As I went outside the gates I noticed that the road was clear so I started pushing on my longboard until I was confident that I had enough speed to carve and cruise, I went on like this for an hour - loving the wind against my skin until I noticed that a guy joined me on his longboard, so I stopped, then he stopped too.

"Hi" I said to the guy, "Hey, I'm Cole" Cole said, a very good looking guy with dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, sharp facial features, tanned skin and a six pack which he was proudly showing off  "I'm Kaye" I said to Cole.

Cole and I talked for a while before we went longboarding again. I learned that he goes to the school that I will be attending tomorrow, his full is Cole Adams, he lives in the house right opposite mine and that he has a twin sister called Ashley.

He also offered me to show me around the school tomorrow - I agreed but I also straight out said to him that I am a lesbian, assuming that he likes me. Right after I told him I was gay, he laughed, said he was fine with it, that I would be an 'awesome hot lesbian friend' and that he has a wonderful girlfriend that he would never cheat on even if I turned out to be straight.

After longboarding for a few more minutes Cole asked if I would like to go his house and of course I said yes as he jokingly assured me that his whole family is at home, mehh. I only live right opposite him anyways. As we entered their gate, I saw my mum walking towards me, thinking that she's going to start telling me off for going with a guy I just met before I saw the freshly baked apple crumble.

Gosh I feel so stupid for even thinking that, my mum knows I'm a lesbian - duh! Why would she think that! - sometimes I don't even know how I keep up with my grades.

Anyway, my mum was crossing the road with what looked like freshly baked apple crumble and that can only mean one thing - the new neighbours introduction she does whenever we got new neighbours back in London except now we're at the receiving end. But no one has even acknowledged our appearance; at least I don't think so.

As Cole was about to open the front door I told him to wait just a second because my mum just crossed the road. My mum walked to the Adams' house and she was about to press the doorbell until she saw me and asked what I was doing there, I told her that Cole also longboards, we got to know each other and that he invited me to his house, while saying this I also opened the gate for her.

Upon opening the gate my mum finally saw Cole, they exchanged greetings.

Cole asked my mum "How was the apple pie?" I was very confused at this point.

"What apple pie?" I asked both of them

"oh right, I forgot to tell you during breakfast that Amanda and Ashley, Cole's mother and sister came to our house yesterday while you were sleeping to welcome us to the neighbourhood with an apple pie so I thought I'd return the favour"

"ohh. It makes more sense now, I mean I was pretty knackered so... yeah"

"Wanna go inside the house then?" Cole asked us as me and my mum finished our conversation.

"Alright" I said while we all walked to the front door

-------

If you like it please vote, comment or follow. Comment or inbox me any suggestions you guys have :)