Chapter 15 - Unlucky

Ashley's POV

Arghhh!!! what the hell was that dream??? Omg. I cannot believe this. It took me a couple of minutes to realize I was covered in sweat and I was also... wet down there. When I did notice, I quickly got up to ho have a cold shower, thinking it would make me feel better. It didn't make me feel better. It just made me think of the situation more.

This is not good. That dream was not good. Our situation is not good. And it's all her fault. HER.

I calmed down after a few minutes and when I got out of the bathroom, the sun was already rising. It was already 6am, two hours before school starts. oh well, at least I have less chances of running into her on the way to school. 

After I got changed and put on light make up, I quietly made my way downstairs and got in my car. But, as I was backing out of the driveway, I saw a car waiting outside the Piers' gate. It was Sarah. She probably thinks she still has a chance with Kaye. I really do feel sorry for her. I thought she was already over Kaye to be honest. I guess not.

As Sarah was too busy talking on the phone to someone, she didn't notice my car backing out of the driveway, and so I drove to my favourite cafe; The Park Cafe. The reason it's called The Park Cafe is because it's run and owned by an old Korean couple; their last name is 'Park'. But people always think it's because the cafe is next to a park (which I like to look at when I go to the cafe)

---

As I open the door, the cafe bell rings and the old woman comes out to greet me. "Hello Ashley. The usual?" Mrs. Park asks me. "Yes please" I say with a smile on my face. As soon as I said that, one of the workers started making my usual.

I sat down in the corner of the cafe, it gives me enough privacy to think over my thoughts, while also being able to observe the park and the cafe. After one of the waitresses came to give me my order, I just sat there, looking out the window to the park, ocassionally looking at the other costumers. It was still quite early; just going to 7am, and this was normally the time costumers come in and out to get their morning dose of coffee.

I keep looking out to the park, until a fit of laughter coming from the cafe door caught my attention. I looked over and I saw Sarah - with Kaye, looking at Sarah quite endearingly, might I add. All of a sudden, it felt like I was witnessing something magical, and I felt guilty for being there, witnessing something Kaye would probably never be caught doing or show anyone in school.

All of a sudden, I could feel hot tears rolling from the back of my eyes to the brim of my eyes. Ughh. 'Why is this happening?' I ask myself, but the answer to that question just made more tears come up and I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks uncontrollably. I wipe my cheeks hastily, collecting the evidence of my unrelevant feelings with the sleeves of my jumper.

It wasn't so much I didn't feel guilty for witnessing Kaye's face of endearment, because come on, I know she would never want to show that to any of us; her group of friends, she always wants to look strong and void of weakness. But, I guess you can say, that above my guilt, there's a probabilty I feel 'jealous' for not being the subject of her endearment. Except, I will never admit that to anyone, especially to her. God, can you imagine, how much bigger her ego will grow.

As their orders are being taken, I quickly put my payment and tip on the table, and slipped out of the cafe. Of all the cafe they could've gone to, they went to the cafe I was in. Today is really not my lucky day, either that or the world just really likes to shove my feelings in my face, in the worst possible way.

When I got inside my car, my phone, which I left inside my car so I could think better (we all know how much our phones are distractions), was lighting up with notifications. 5 missed calls, 1 from Cassie and the other 4 from Miguel. 3 new text messages, all from Cassie, greeting me good morning, asking me where I am, and the last one was asking if I am in school already. I simply texted her back saying I'm on my way to school.

You may ask why I didn't bother calling Miguel back. To put it as nicely as I can, I guess he has a different definition of a relationship, and I guess it's also partially because of me being 'prude'. The asshole had the nerve to blame me for his cheating ass, when we were only together for a month and a half.

I broke up with him 3 days ago, when I overheard my brother talking to Cassie about Miguel. Funny enough, I didn't feel sad nor did I cry, maybe I should have, after all he was my first boyfriend. But I really just couldn't bring myself to care. That day I overheard my brother and Cassie talking, I also found out that Cassie knew more about me and Kaye than she let on, of course she didn't tell my brother it was Kaye, but I knew she knew who it was.

I didn't talk to Cassie about it. Frankly, I wasn't ready to talk about this with her. I appreciated her giving me my space, even though she already knew about it, and is probably dying of excitement on what's going to happen next. That's why with all that's happened and will probably happen today, I've decided to finally talk to her about it.

---

When I got to school, I told Cassie I need to tell her something after school, and with that, she smiled warmly at me and gave me an enthusiastic 'Okay!'

-

The whole day was basically me, stealing glances at Kaye, wishing that she would notice and look back at me, even just a look would have been fine. But she never did turn to look at me... So all I was left with, was to [UNINTENTIONALLY] fantasize about her lips touching mine again. Which would probably never happen at this rate.

I know it's my fault, I was the one who started ignoring her after all. But come on, she just kissed me out of nowhere, who wouldn't be mad? And that was my FIRST KISS. I'm pretty sure no one wants their first kiss to be a stolen kiss. But, I gotta admit, even if that was my first kiss, it was one hell of a good one. One that -I only just noticed- made me yearn for more.

All these thoughts were bombarding my mind as I waited for Cassie outside her last class (our teacher let us out early), so that I can finally tell her the full story about me and Kaye. Lucky for me (or not, depends how you look at it) Kaye was also in her last class. She probably didn't expect me to be outside the door, so when she walked of the door to turn to the right because her body collided with mine. I didn't fall, but she did. OMG (can my luck get any worse). Now she's going to think I did it on purpose.

"Sorry!" I quickly say to avoid any misunderstnadings. I guess she didn't recognize my voice, because I knew she would've ran away as soon as she knew it was me.

"It's okay" she said with a stangled voice as she struggled to get up.

I held out my hand to help her up, she took it. Just like the first time, our skin met, my skin started to feel electric and on fire (I don't know how that's possible).

And from that touch, she withdrew her hand. I'm not sure if it's because the electric feeling happened to her too or because she knew it was me from that, but she quickly looked up, I guess to make sure it was me. And when she confirmed that it was me, she didn't know how to confront me. We just stood there, her hand behind her neck, and me looking everywhere else but her. Awkward.

Thank goodness Cassie came a few moments later. "Hey guys!" Cassie said, she looked more excited than she should be. I guess she thinks me and Kaye are talking again. Kaye and I both turn around to greet her, with forced smiles. Cassie got the message, from that she knew we still weren't on good terms, and with that Cassie lead me away. But before she could, Kaye held her head in pain, which made us stop.

"Are you okay?!?" I rush to her side and examined her closely. If Cassie had any doubts about me liking Kaye, this would have gotten rid of those doubts.

"Yeah..." Kaye looks up with creased brows and her eyes closed. Yup, she's definitely in pain. I can't just leave her, especially because it might be my fault why her head is hurting.

"Um Cassie, sorry but I'll just have to tell you some other time. I need to make sure Kaye's okay" I tell Cassie, looking behind me where Cassie was, while still holding Kaye.

"Okay. Talk to you later" And with that Cassie leaves.... with a smirk on her face? what? (A/N: lol why do you guys think Cassie has a smirk on her face?)

-----

Ahhhh finally updated. This one's a bit longer than the last update because the last one was quite short.

I hope you liked this one.

Anyway, stay tuned for another update coming today or tomorrow, in Kaye's POV. 

Please leave a comment on what you thought of this chapter!