Burnt out

Kendrick's POV

( In the studio: Jay Rock in the booth )

Ab: (Nods to the music) Jay is about to be eating when this drop man. This shits is hot.

Jay: Play that shit back!

Ab: Alright dawg. (Plays the track back from the beginning and looks back at Kendrick).. Hello? Earth to Kendrick. You been sitting there almost all day. What you thinking about?

Kendrick: ... Man..

Whitney: (Walks in) Hey guys!

Kendrick: (Looks at her) Where is the baby?

Whitney: Just dropped her off at my mom's. I need a break. Kendrick can I talk to you outside.

Kendrick: Mhm.. (Walks outside with her).. What?

Whitney: When are you coming home? I haven't seen you in 4 days. (Puts wad of cash in his hand) I need you to be here with your daughter, not drop off cash. What the hell?

Kendrick: Can we talk about this later?

Whitney: Why? Because you're sad? Kendrick life moves on. You think I'm happy?

Kendrick: Why wouldn't you not me? Didn't you get everything you wanted?

Whitney: NO! You're never home Kendrick!

Kendrick: Get in the car.. Let's go home.

Whitney: (Sighs and gets in car) ..

Kendrick: (Gets in car and starts ignition)...

Whitney: (Turns towards him) Kendrick...

Kendrick: I'm not going to argue with you in no fucking parking lot. People might record. Just smile. (Starts driving)...

Whitney: So what if they record?

Kendrick: Stop ...

Whitney: Why you don't want the media to see us together Kendrick! This is stupid Kendrick! You went to Compton with May but you don't want people to see us talking in a parking lot?!

Kendrick: (Pulls over) WHITNEY!

Whitney: ....

As the car drive continues, the car is filled with silence. When they pull up to the house, Whitney gets out the car and slams the door. They have been arguing for months.

Kendrick: ( Follows her inside) ...

Whitney: (Pours herself a glass of water while slamming cabinets) ...

Kendrick: (Sits on sofa and chuckles to himself) You are driving me crazy..

Whitney: I'm driving you crazy?

Kendrick: Didn't I say that?

Whitney: Are you fucking kidding me Kendrick! I'm raising our child by myself! You act like you don't love me anymore.

Kendrick: I DON'T! I DON'T LOVE YOU!

Whitney: What?

Kendrick: Whitney, I stay with you ONLY because of our child. THAT'S IT! God! It's like you do and say things just to piss me off. You act like you know me better than anyone else but you try me like you don't know me... Whitney.. Is that even my child?

Whitney: ... (Throws glass at him) GET OUT!!! HOW DARE YOU ASK ME THAT!!! (Throws another) GET THE FUCK OUT KENDRICK!!

Kendrick: Stop throwing shit! (Leaves and slams door)... Fuck.. (Sits on steps)..