Soon

* Dan's POV *

I was awake. Before opening my eyes, I tried to asses the damage. My ribs ached and every bone and muscle screamed in pain. My body was rigid, and I couldn't remember the last time I could feel my arms.

I tried to escape my pain. Reverting into my mind and not feeling pain was something I was able to do as a child, but now he's back. And he has a friend. And they're cruel.

I had forgotten most of the pain from my childhood. The sense of security I had, after I realized my parents were gone and I never had to go back to that, was false.

Footsteps approached the door. I kept my eyes closed and pretended to be asleep-even though I hadn't slept in a while due to nightmares.

I don't know why I thought it would work.

The first kick landed directly on my spine. I grid my teeth in pain. "Wake up!" My father spat.

I kept my eyes closed. I never wanted to give him the satisfaction of seeing me in pain.

After landing some punches, he got bored with me and left the room.

I deserve this. I deserve these bruises, these broken bones, these scars.

My eyes started to water, along with them my head started to pound even harder. I deserved this. I deserved all the punishments they wanted to give me. I was born to be the punching bag of the world. The scapegoat for everyone.

I buried my head into my chest the best I could-trying to subdue the sound of me crying.

I would never see Phil again. I knew it. I would never share holiday themed drinks with him; I would never decorate the house with him; I would never play music for him; I would never be in his arms; I would never hear his voice; I would never kiss him again.

I would never see him again.

I didn't hear them come in, but the first kick to the chest painfully made their presence made.

The breath was knocked from my chest, but that didn't stop them from continuing. A fist made contact with my ribs when a loud CRACK filled the room.

My scream fell deaf to my own ears. A ripping pain grew throughout my chest and spots appeared before my eyes. The world started spinning; all I could see was two smiling gruesome faces staring down at me.

As they walked away my vision started to fade.

I give up.

I don't want to wake up this time.

I want to die.

* Phil's POV *

"Yes, officer, I've told you everything I know!" I hung up my phone and threw it down on the coffee table. Two weeks. It had been two weeks and there were no leads finding Dan.

"Damn it!" I kicked my couch and sat down angrily.

I looked towards the piano. Flashbacks of pools of blood staining the piano flooded my mind.

I put my head in my hands and started to cry. Two weeks. I missed him. I feared for his life. I didn't know if he was alive or dead. No. I had to think positively. Of course he was alive.

I told the police everything about Dan's parents, but finding Dan's dad was impossible.

My phone rang.

I snatched it up and turned it over to look at the screen.

It was just Lauren.

She had been around a couple times, I never held a conversation for long though. I just wanted to be alone.

I walked over to Dan's piano and sat down on the bench. I ran my fingers across the wooden details and then the keys, thinking about Dan and his musical gift.

"That's it!"

I took my coat off it's hook and ran out the door in the direction of the police.