1. Liam

Niall thought that Liam had a lot of roles in the band, the most popular one being Daddy Direction. He always watched over him and the lads like an overprotective father. 

Like when Niall was swarmed by hundreds of fans and he felt his claustrophobia kicking in, Liam quickly grabbed his wrist and pulled him to a safer place. He checked the fake blond for any injuries before asking him if he was okay. And Niall was always thankful to him for that.

But sometimes, being the Daddy of the group means that you can't show your vulnerable self that often. Liam always forgot about the last part though, nearly never showing that side of him to anyone. Niall hated that, and he wanted to change it. So whenever he saw even a small glimpse of Liam's vulnerable self, he would always go and comfort him. 

Like now, for instance.

"Wow." Liam thought out loud, looking around the stadium. This time, the Amsterdam concert would be held in the Amsterdam ArenA. It's the biggest stadium in Amsterdam, and the boys were really honoured to be playing their concert there.

"There's going to be at least fifty thousand people here." Liam stated, whistling.

"Sixty-eight thousand, to be exact." Niall added, walking to stand beside him. Liam stared at the fake blond like he grew another head. Niall noticed and turned his head to him, "What?"

"You counted?" Liam asked.

Niall just shrugged. "Wikipedia."

Liam still looked incredibly shocked, but he shook his head and turned back to look at the stadium. "Right, so sixty-eight thousand people would come here and watch our concert tonight." He corrected, biting his lip.

"Yeah." Niall breathed out, glancing at the older boy beside him. He noticed that Liam seemed to be the slightest bit uncomfortable, with a small frown on his face. Niall knew that look from anywhere, so he caught on pretty quick. "You nervous?"

"Everyone is." Liam said. "Remember our Up All Night tour?" he asked, dodging the direct question. Niall never liked it when he did that, but he nodded anyway. "Yeah, I remember."

"Back then, we performed in front of five thousand people. This time, it's...twelve times bigger." The Wolverhampton boy stated. "So, it's normal for us to get nervous."

It's not normal to hide it, though. The fake blond thought, looking at him and furrowing his eyebrows. But what Liam said was true, the crowd this time was way bigger. And everyone was nervous, including Liam. Though he was trying hard not to show it and just went on comforting others. 

Niall wanted to tell him that it was okay to be vulnerable sometimes, and it was okay to show it to others. But, Liam's not the type for that kind of comfort. So, Niall went with his usual way.

"It'll be fine." he said, throwing an arm around Liam's shoulders. Liam blinked, turning to his friend with a confused expression.

Niall smiled and continued, "It'll be fine. We'll just do what we always do; which is to have fun." he said, sending Liam a reassuring smile. The latter looked at him skeptically for a while, before smiling in relief and gratitude.

"Yeah, of course it will. It's done by us, after all." Liam smirked a little, throwing his own arm around Niall's shoulders. "But then, you and Harry will play around like five year olds."

"No, you and Harry will play around like five year olds. But, that's the spirit!"  Niall chuckled, patting his Liam's shoulder. Liam's eyes softened and he pulled Niall closer to him. "Thanks, Ni." he said, hugging the blond boy tight.

Niall smiled at his now cheered-up friend, before hugging him back. "Anytime, Li. Anytime."