5. Josh

Niall's very close with the band. He spends time with them a lot backstage, and they get along really well. Out of everyone though, Niall's closest to Josh.

Josh was the drummer of the band. He was really good at it, and Niall praised him a lot. Sometimes he'd tease his last name as well. Since Josh has a similar last name with Adam Levine.

And because they're close friends, Niall also knew of Josh's problems, and he helped him through them more often than not. Josh's main problem tends to be his insecurities.

Josh tends to get nervous and doubt himself a lot before a concert. He would start thinking about things that could go wrong and would be a bit scared about it. That's why Niall always go to the band's dressing room before every concert to make sure not just Josh, but every single person's fine and ready to go.

Josh was currently sitting on a couch by himself. Sandy and the others were walking around to stretch their legs a bit. They invited him to come along ("C'mon, Josh! Make sure those legs of yours are working.") but he politely declined ("My legs are definitely working, thank you very much.") and insisted that he'd just be warming up his fingers, since he use them more often. And here he was.

Josh was playing with his drumsticks to kill the time. He's going to go out in thirty minutes along with the band, so he was a little nervous. What if he messed up? What if he suddenly drop his drumsticks in the middle of a song? What if he falls of his seat? What if he-

"Hello?" A knock on the door and an Irish accent from outside made him snap out of his trance.

"Niall?" Josh said with a small smile. No one else in this tour has a voice like Niall. He's truly one of a kind.

"Josh! Can I come in?" Niall asked, opening the door. Even though Josh didn't answer yet, Niall already closed the door and was approaching the drummer.

"Sure. You're already in anyway." Josh laughed at the blond. Niall gave him a smirk before sitting down beside him.

"Where are the others?" Niall questioned.

"Out for a walk. Stretching their legs." Josh replied, looking at his drumsticks.

"You didn't come?"

"Nah, I'm gonna be sitting anyway. I can stretch my legs later." Josh reasoned. Niall hummed, understanding.

"Never mind that. What are you doing here, Ni?" The drummer asked the Irish lad.

"Oh. I was gonna trash your room, but you're here so I can't." Niall grinned, showing his white teeth. Josh chuckled and turned around to face him.

"So, you're the one who usually trashes our room when we're gone?" Josh asked.

Niall laughed and shook his head. "No, that's Harry. But he's busy now. So he gave the job to me."

"He's going to be disappointed." Josh smirked. Niall just shrugged and said, "Probably."

Josh laughed at that. Seeing his friend laugh, Niall laughed as well. The sound of laughter filled the room for a few more seconds before it stopped completely.

Josh turned back to his drumsticks while Niall looked around the room. The drummer rubbed his thumb over them, feeling its wooden surface.

"The concert's gonna be fun." Niall mumbled out of the blue.

"Yeah..." Josh said, unconsciously frowning. But, what if something goes wrong? What if he missed a beat? What if he forgot something? What if-

"You're making that face again." Josh blinked. He turned to his Irish friend and said, "What?"

Niall wasn't staring at him like he thought. He was gazing at the ceiling, although he wasn't actually focusing on that. "I said you're making that face again." He said without looking at Josh.

"What face?" Josh said with his face puzzled.

"The 'I-Think-Something's-Going-To-Go-Wrong' face." Niall said, this time turning to his friend. Josh scowled at his answer, "I didn't make that face."

"You did. Don't deny it, Josh. You're thinking about that, aren't you?" Niall frowned. Josh stared at him, before he eventually sighed.

"Yes, I did." Josh admitted. "I always think like that before a concert."

"And I always say that you're wrong." Niall smiled. Josh couldn't help but let out a chuckle. "Yeah, I guess."

"Today's no different. It's going to be fun! You and the band will totally smash it like you guys usually do. And me and the lads will sing along. And then, the fans would go crazy and scream!" Niall rambled on and on.

Josh let out a loud laugh when Niall said that. It was both funny and reassuring at the same time, hearing his friend cheering him up his own way. "Y-Yeah, you're right." Josh said between his laughs.

Niall grinned when he saw his friend laugh. "I'm always right. Now come on! You're on in ten minutes." Niall said, glancing at the clock on the wall. Josh laughed a bit more before nodding.

"Alright." He said, standing up from the couch. Niall did the same and stood up beside him. "You're gonna do great, Josh. See you!" He put Josh on a one arm hug, then he began to walk away.

Josh smiled at Niall, before he suddenly thought of an idea. "Niall, wait!"

The blonde halted just when he was going to turn the doorknob. "Yes, Josh?" He turned around, looking at him expectantly.

Josh gave him a mischievous smirk, "You said Harry gave you a job? You don't want to disappoint him." He said, gesturing to the clean dressing room.

Niall looked confused at first, before he got the gesture and he grinned back. "You sure?"

"Positive." Josh nodded, crossing his arms. "But hurry up. The boys are gonna be back in a few minutes."

Niall let out a laugh before he walked away from the door and rolled up his sleeves.

"Alright. Let's trash this place."