Chapter Eleven

What's worse than your death, is watching people die because of you. I have to warn Zack. I called him.

 "Hey" he answered.

"Zack! She's after you. I think you should leave the town. Do anything'' I cried

"What? Calm down! As long as you are with me, nothing is going to happen." he said seriously

"No, you don't understand. She is a murderer. I can't help you. It's not that easy. She can do anything, she can kill you right now!! " I yelled.

"Ash, it's you  who don't understand. I swear as long as you are here, she can do nothing" he explained quietly.

"What do you mean?" I asked and I'm suddenly getting calm, in attempt to understand what he meant.

"umm..." he stopped talking for a while "I mean, I think she's doing this to get you out of your house and harm you.'' he said.

"What? That's not so her. She easily killed Lux and she can do the same with you, just like that. She wants to kill all of you and then perhaps she would kill me in the end, I don't know but she's willing to kill all of you first." I started to yell again and tears fell at the memory of Lux. I couldn't imagine that Zack's fate could be the same as hers and their only fault is that I loved them so much.

"Listen! I've always been right and I can understand her more than you do and I've always expected what she would do next. I know she's not going to harm me as long as you are safe at home, ok?"  he said calmly and I didn't reply

"Do you trust me, Ash?" he asked.

I couldn't help it "Yes" I replied instantly without hesitation cause I truly do. I trust him, I trust his heart, I trust his mind and I trust his warm smile. He's the only one that brings  happiness in my pitiful life .

"Then stay at home, Ash. Go on and study. Act normal. Deal?" he asked in a tone that sounded like he was talking to a child.

"Deal" I hung up.

     I cocked my hair up and inhaled. I look at the mirror. Oh my god! Is that how I really look like? I took off my clothes that I used to wear at home for days and decided to take a shower. I heard the door of mom's bedroom and quickly finished washing my hair. I wanted to see if she's really out or not. So, I didn't wash away the soap well. I stepped out of the shower with shampoo setting my eyes on fire. I squeezed my eyes and got out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel.

       I saw her in the kitchen making sandwiches. I smiled to myself, she's really out. I mean she's been in her room for weeks and only got out to go to the bathroom or drink water. But she's out now and also making sandwiches!! I felt a sudden rush of energy.

     I looked in the mirror again but this time I tried my lipstick, face blush and mascara. "That's better "  I murmured to myself. I went to the kitchen and mom is washing some of the dishes that dad and I  left in the sink. "Mom!" I called with a smile. She didn't reply. It's 9:00 pm. "Dinner!! can I help you?" I offered. "I guess you haven't eaten well since---" she stopped and I noticed a tear. 

     Mom is so strong and can be a little tough sometimes but this is the first time to see her crying, maybe the second one because once we went to the doctor and he diagnosed Lux with some serious illness, but I was little so I don't remember what the illness was. Later, mom found out that he was wrong after crying for days but I don't  remember how she found out that the doctor was wrong, either. I didn't want to give her a hug or even tap her shoulders because that will only make it worse.

      It's been hours of eating, studying and walking along the road. At about 12 o'clock, I heard mom talking on the phone well, she was shouting  on the phone. "What?" she stopped for a while. "Helena, are you sure?" she cried. I heard aunt's voice on the other line then she cried again "But he's not little" she listened to the voice on the other line with scared eyes. "Calm down, please" she listened to her again "Ok ok, we are coming over"  she hung up quickly.

"Ashhhhhhhhhhhh" she shouted. That was scary. "What?" I asked. "Where have you been?" she asked. "Studying" I said. "What? How come if-- anyway get ready cause we're going to Helena. Ed is kidnapped" she said while heading to the dressing room . What?!! She meant Edward. She wasn't after Zack. She was after Edward, she warned me and I misunderstood her. Oh my god! there's no much time, I shouldn't go to my aunt now, I must go to Zack cause I'm sure he's in that damn garage.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Leave your comments, please :) it really means a lot . I need to hear your opinions ;)