Chapter Three

Luciana Maria José

A week later

"Wassup ma' how you? " he asked as I stepped in the car.

"Hey August and tired, this cafe was so busy " I playfully complained. Even though my feet did ache in such ways.

"Well, you don't have to clean today" he noted making me smile.

"I'll cook something though"

"No that's fine, I been meaning for you to taste my famous Jambalaya anyways" he joked.

"Oh really ?"

"Yasss bitch yasss"

I burst into laughter.

"Ew August "

A comfortable silence had found its way into the car as we had passed, familiar sceneries.

As we pulled into the driveway I heard August mutter a low "Shit".
But I remained quiet, not wanting to seem nosey.

A all black Escalade type truck sat on his neatly fresh grass.

"Man what the fuck Toya?"

"So who the new bitch? " she asked smirking at me.

I ignored her.

"I'll see you inside, August " I said to him and made my way to the door.

"You obviously a bum ass bitch, ain't you Xavier bitch that everyone know he was cheating on you ?"

I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

Not by any means was I a fighter, but I have a low tolerance of people who disrespect me.

"I'm not Xavier's bitch,honey" I paused and gave her a smirk, "Even if I was it would have nothing to do with you. For all you know I could be August's cousin or another family member. But it's clear to see you're an uninvited guest so what I suggest for you to do is settle what ever you have to with August and come correct when you're talking to me "

I smirked again and walked in the house.

Damn man, females like her is what make black on black crimes happen.
Too old for stupid bullshit like this.

August Alsina

As soon as I pulled in, I knew it was gonna be some foul shit. But I didn't know what type of female Luci was.. She could've easily squared up with her. But she obviously wasn't that type of female. And I respected that.

"What you want anyways, Toya ?"

"Man, August I miss you baby " she whined making my eyes roll

"Latoya bye. Wasn't missing me when your bitch ass was all on my damn cousin " I stated harshly and walked off, slamming the door in her face.

I massaged my temples as I locked the door. I could hear a faint sound of
"Preach by young dolph" playing, along with shallow water indicating she was in the shower.

I went upstairs and did the same.

Once I got out I dressed in all black Nike attire, the sweats,slides,and socks and no wife beater or shirt.

Once I walked downstairs the humming got louder.

"And as soon as I go deep getting it in
Then again there's a " she stopped and made a knocking noise.

She started to sing but I finished "girl yo legs keep shaking and I swear we breaking our new headboard , headboard "

She gasped and looked surprised.
We didn't say anything as we both stared at each other.

I coughed, making her snap out of a trance and smile.

"I'll just uh, continue cleaning "

"I thought I said, to just let me cook & clean today ?"

"Oh yeah ..."

"Just help me"

But I couldn't help but ask who Xavier was to her.

"Who's Xavier? "

"He's my um, ex "

"Why wouldn't he treat you right ?" I asked in disbelief.

She gave me a weak smile "We've been through a lot "

I knew Xavier from my past days,when I ran the streets and I knew for a fact he wasn't no snake ass nigga - just someone who temper always fell quick. But those type of people you still have to watch.

"Is that why you we're staying in the motel? " I asked.

She nodded.

"What happened between y'all? " I asked curiously.

She sighed and spoke softly "Um, me and Xavier had been dating for about 3 & half years. Um,when we met I was one of those nerdy girls.. and he attempted to take me out of my shy state. Sometimes it worked but sometimes it didn't. I knew he was in the drug business and my mom did... She wasn't too fond of him because of what he did but she had her own problems to worry about then me and told me I'd learn on my own. X' was a sweetheart type guy, he canceled his meetings for me, we went on dates and shit like that. Throughout it all, I was still a virgin. So one year passed and we had made it official. We only had sex 2-4 times within weeks. " she sighed her cheeks got a light fade of pink.

How? Thats impossible for me. I shook those thoughts away as her delicate voice spoke again.

"Throughout those long ass days, nights where I cried myself to sleep and weeks and months I stuck by his side. And now I'm constantly asking myself what did I do wrong. It wasn't enough sex. But I didn't want to put him in over dose of my body. I stuck with him through lots of shit ya know? And for him to beat on me & "

I shot up, angered.

"He fucking hit you? " I yelled.

She slouched down in the wooden type, comfy chair.

"Answer me "

"Its okay, I promise " she assured.

"Nah man he a bitch made nigga for that " I replied.

"It's over and done with now" she began sniffling.

I immediately looked at her, to see small yet noticeable tears on her beautiful face.

"Im so sorry that happened to you" I soothed as I placed her on my lap and played in her hair.

What in the fuck am I doing ?

When have I ever, held a fucking female, and cared about her ?

I should really avoid her. I'm not with that catching feelings,type lovey dovey shit.

I brushed off all my thoughts and whispered in her ear "do you have any permanent scars? "

Her smooth hand cupped mine and led it to her caramel stomach.

I could feel a change I in the skin texture, lifting up her Pinktank, I seen a deep scar.

She smiled weakly at me and stood.

"Im gonna go take a nap,I'll be back " she stated and without any other words she left the room quietly.

I rubbed my temples in deep thought.

Shit, what have I got myself into?

Longest chapter ‼

Leave feedback | Vote | Comment