Chapter Three: Step One

Chapter Three:

Step One

We shook hands, but as soon as we let go, I felt dizzy. Maybe because of lack of sleep, and I fainted. Who knows what happened next, but I woke up in a futon in Haruhi's room. Haruhi was dressed up in her uniform, sitting on a bunch of un-emptied boxes. She noticed me get up and sneered, "Oh, you're awake. You should go change before school starts, Taka-baka." I nodded and jumped over to my balcony, I looked at Haruhi one more time. We exchanged glances and nods and left. Haruhi closed her window door and walked outside of her room. I put on my uniform and went downstairs. My mom glared at me when she saw me, "What were you doing in the neighbor's house, Takahiro? You could've been late." I scratched my head, "Long story...I accidentally fainted when we shook hands, and I'm hoping to clear it all out with her at school." My mom's face lightened up for some reason, "Ah, she's a classmate? Okay, then." I got my backpack, bento, and took a few pieces of bacon then left. I waved as I opened the door and ran to school. Haruhi was walking just a few blocks ahead of me, I shouted to get her attention. She turned around with another annoyed expression, I smiled and waved, "Haruhi! Forget about this morning, please? Do us both a favor!" Haruhi rolled her eyes, "As if I would want to remember." and turned around to continue her way. I ran past her and saw Kyukiri talking to Totoro, about the plan, I assumed. 

"Kyukiri! Mornin'!" I shouted. Kyukiri smiled and ran towards me, "Morning buddy! The goukon was awesome last night! And thanks to you, I got some of the 3rd year girls' numbers! I think Miki-senpai likes me!" I shook my head, trying to sound sarcastic, "I'm pretty sure that that's the alcohol talking for her, Kyukiri! Did you see how many shots she drank last night?! Is that even POSSIBLE?!" I laughed as Kyukiri pouted in a childish way. As I was about to ask Kyukiri about the plan...

"Neee~!!! Takahiro-kun~ Good morning!" 

I turned around and saw Hazuka running towards us, her mountains jumping up and down with her motions. I waved and smiled, "Morning, Hazuka-chan!" Hazuka jumped up and landed with a big glomping to me, her mountains completely compressed on my flat lands. Kyukiri turned his head, his face red as a tomato, and ever so slightly I hear him mutter, "Lucky dog..." I pushed Hazuka away by the stomach slowly and asked her, "We forgot to talk about the plan last night. Did you guys decide on the bait for the plan?" Hazuka and Kyukiri exchanged uncertain glances and Kyukiri replied with an un-sure tone, "Ah...Well...No, not really. We just thought we'd leave it to the person who's made most contact with Haruhi. But that'd leave Totoro as the bait, but the thing is–" Totoro interrupted by putting up her hand, "The thing is that I think it'd be suspicious if I tried becoming her friend, and I still think it's quite nosy." I sighed. When I saw Haruhi pass by I waved again at her and stated, "Ne, Haruhi! Did you forget about it?" Haruhi wide eyedly [

Kyukiri, Totoro, and Hazuka were in a small huddle and finally looked at me with happy, dazed eyes. Hazuka clapped her hands and remarked, "Yay! Yay! Our next chosen bait had actually made the MOST contact with Hazuka our of ALL of us! This plan will be easier then...planned!" Hazuka jumped up and down, her mountains following with a slow lag. After that, Hazuka happily walked into the school building, Kyukiri giving me a big thumbs up and then chasing after Hazuka. I looked at Totoro and smiled, Totoro doing the same and patting me on the head. "Takahiro-kun. Good job, but don't become friends JUST for the information. Even though I'm not true friends with Haruhi, she seems like a nice girl if you know her. Don't be nosy, okay?" and she left inside the school building. With her back turned around, I slowly nodded with a confident smile and said to myself, "Yeah..." Then I started walking calmly towards the school, waving to everyone I passed by, shouting out to other friends of mine who I wasn't that close to. Though the day just started, I was already in a very good mood.