Chapter Four: Kick-start

Chapter Four:

Kick-Start

I stared at Haruhi for a long time. How long? I don't know. But for those moments, there was something going on. What was going on? Again, I don't know. I just– Don't know.

Henry opened the door, "Haruhi~ Has anyone else come-" Haruhi blinked and looked at her father with a smile, "No one yet...But keep baking papa! Smells sooo good in the kitchen!" I looked at Henry too as he nodded once and went back into the kitchen. We turned to the counter and said nothing afterwards. Two or so hours later, the shop closed and we cleaned up. "Two hours? The bakery sure does close early..." I said as I turned around the "OPEN-DESU! ≥-≤". Haruhi shrugged, "It may seem that way, but...Other days, it can be more lively and fun. Since there were only three workers today, we couldn't hold up that long. Depending on the workers, if there are atleast 5 people working, we can keep up for 6 hours. But no one's really around." I looked up, "Can I sign for a job here?" Haruhi shrugged, "I don't know. Well, I'm off. Papa! I'm leaving!" Then, she went outside. 

I waved good-bye to Henry and walked outside. Haruhi was out of sight. "She's quick." I smiled and walked along the sidewalk home, for some reason today, I wanted to go home quicker. Finish my homework faster. Eat my dinner quickly. Go to bed early. Then after that. . . I shook my head. "I'm just bored today, as if I'd want to be in my room earlier than usual. I always want the exact opposite! Why should today be any different?" "Because you like her." 'What?!' I quickly turned my head to two guys talking by a restaraunt. One of the boys were blushing extremely as he looked at his phone while the friend stared at him blankly. "You're as red as a tomato. See? It's because you like her. Text back!" 'Oh...phew...My problem is completely different from his. I mean, I just want to be her friend, nothing more.' 

I looked forward and leisurely walked forward. I got home and smelled the delicious scent of ramen. "Ramen. Mmm..." I closed my eyes and smiled as I dropped my backpack onto the counter and sat down on the carpeted floor. I heard my mom walk pass by me as she asked, "So Takahiro-kun, what happened at the bakery place?" I slowly opened my eyes as I relaxed my shoulders and leaned back onto the counter, "Meh. They were running low on employees and I just volunteered to do it." Mom nodded, "Ah, I see. You're trying to get real close to that girl, right?" My eyes widened and I stared at my mom, "Why would you....say that?" My sister walked right next to me and looked blankly at me as she raised an eyebrow like I was stupid, "Weren't you the one who said you'd try to get close to the neighbors since they might give you free pastries? Unless you're...Ha! Nevermind." 

I slowly got up and looked at Sachi, "Nevermind what?" Sachi smirked and shook her head, "It's nothing. I just made a stupid assumption." I sighed, flopping my head to the side, relaxing just for a moment. An hour after, we all ate at the table, helped clean up, and went to our rooms. I did my impossible to figure out homework and just sat there. On my bed. Waiting for something to happen. I slowly turned my head towards Haruhi's room, seeing a figure fidget around with boxes, boxes too heavy for a girl to carry. My face lightened up and I jumped to the other balcony, knocking on the glass door. The shadowy firgure inside paused and turned their attention to the suddenly hyper me. Haruhi opened the door, lifting up and eyebrow as she saw me clearly at her balcony. "What? What do you need at night? Homework? A boring story to help you to sleep? What?" she asked with an annoyed tone. I smiled widely and 'rudely' walked inside her room. "Just thought I'd pay my new neighbor a visit. Seeing her shadow opening packages and all made me realize that I should help this poor, weak, fragile girl." "Hey. Watch it. I'm not fragile. And so what? You're saying that you're just going to help me with these boxes?" "Maybe." "Pfft. I see." "See what?" "You're just going to help me so my dad can give you free pastries in return. Is that it? Bah. No helping it. Help me unload these boxes, then." I had no real intention of those things, but if I kept quiet and she did give me treats in return, then...there was nothing bad about this at all. 

Box after box after box. Clothes to the closet. Hair brushes to the bathroom. Nail polish and make-up to the dresser. Posters to the wall. Pictures to the dresser. Backpack against the door. Toothbrushes to the bathroom. Something to somewhere. Everything had a place. That's what I understood. Why a certain place for a certain item, though? Was it destiny's idea? Did the creator's of such things have the specific idea? Or was it up to the beholder? Could a toothbrush be in a dresser? Could posters be in the bathroom? Possibly. Yes. Where was my place? What about the future? Would my 'relationship' with Haruhi grow? Or what? 

We finished un-packing and just flopped onto Haruhi's bed. I sighed with relief and became one with the air. Haruhi stretched and motioned for me to follow her as she went downstairs. "Where are we going?" I asked, quietly walking down. "You don't have to be quiet. Dad's awake. He'll be awake for the next few days with the new house and all." she answered, smiling as she turned around to face me for a while. Suddenly, Henry's voice was heard from the kitchen, "Haruhi? Who you talking to?" Haruhi smiled and shook her head as she continued her way downstairs, "Just talkin' to my unicorn friend, papa." "His name?" "Decided to name him Takahiro. If you see him Papa, you're on drugs too then." Henry chuckled and waved as he saw me come down. "What brings you, Takahiro?" Haruhi flipped her hair, "Made a deal with the buddy. He helped me un-pack my boxes now I get to give him a pastry." I smiled. Henry shrugged and took a pastry out of the warm, heated oven. "Here. Take it. Made too many anyways for the night." Henry handed it to me and I was filled with the warmth of the pastry. It smelled delicious, looked delicious, and was warm as heck. "You...bake at night?" I asked taking a bite of the warm reward of mine. Henry shrugged "Depending on how the day's going, my friend." 

I went back upstairs and said good-bye to Haruhi and went back into my room. 

Kick-Start

((Oohhh. Haven't posted anything for a while, huh? Gomen. Here's a dang 2 page chapter. 2 pages. I've done better. I know. Grrrrr.))