Martial Arts

One Week Later

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     I should have gone and asked Yuki. He would have said yes for sure. Trying my best to ignore my thoughts, I suck it up and open Kyo's door a little bit to let him know I'm here.

     "Kyo? Do you have a minute?" Don't get mad...

     "Yeah, I guess so. Whaddaya want?" Kyo stops what he was doing, which happens to be homework, and turns to me.

     "I was just wondering if you could help me with something at some point in the future." I step into his room and slide his door shut.

     "I don't know. Depends on what it is" Thank goodness he isn't in a bad mood.

     "Well.... it's.... uhhh.." Unsure of how to bridge the subject, I glance around his room.

     He cocks his head a little. "Just say what it is. Not like it's gonna hurt anyone."

     "I know... I just wanted to ask if you could teach me martial arts. You know, since I never really got to learn at Sensei's like everyone else?" 

      Kyo sits up straighter and I'm not entirely sure what he's thinking. "Really?! You're serious?" Kyo jumps up and grinned.

     "I'm totally serious, Kyo. I'd really like you to teach me." 

       Kyo's eyes light up. "No way! That's awesome!..... Wait..... why didn't you ask Yuki to teach you?" Aw man! I hoped he wouldn't ask!

     "Well, you're one of my closest friends. I thought you'd like to do it. Then maybe I can learn both yours and Yuki's style, if that's really going to be an arguing point with you guys."  Kyo pauses. He seems surprised by what I said. He slowly turns around and goes back to his desk and runs his hand along the back of his chair.

     "What? What did I say? What did I do?" 

      He turns to me, looking a bit frustrated. "Why do I have to be your best friend? I thought everyone but Kagura and Sensei hated me. I didn't even think that you wanted to be my friend when we were little." He what?! I'm so taken aback that I didn't know how to respond for a little while.

     "You were always nice to me! You loved playing games with me and Kagura. You were always there for us to play with... at least, until your mom... That's when Sensei took you in and Akito began sending me to the room more often." I look away trying not to get upset. Maybe I should just leave. This was a bad idea. "Uh, you know what? I shouldn't have asked... I'm gonna go." I slip out as quickly as possible and made like lightning to my room downstairs before Kyo could stop me. (A/N: Remember how in the anime as Tohru walked away upset and Kyo, in cat form, didn't mean to make her go away and was like "Come back!"? I pictured this happening..)

     I'm so stupid. I should never have asked. I sit on my bed, not even able to read a book. I really hope Kyo wouldn't come and either stay in his room or go up onto the roof. That's when my door opened a little. I jump a bit and pretend to be looking for a book.

     "Good evening, Kasumi. You seem upset. Are you alright?" It's Yuki.

     "Oh, I'm fine! I was just talking to Kyo and we disagreed a little. Not anything that will be lingering over our heads after tonight, though." I smile, hoping he'd believe me, and he seems to buy it. He may not get along with Aya, but they're more similar than they care to admit sometimes.