Chapter 10 -- Valentine's Day

Note for people who haven't read/reread earlier chapters since the start of August: There are some changes! So you might be surprised about some small details. But don't worry! It's consistent with the plot -- I changed small details recently. 

I would love to hear all of your thoughts about where this is going, and what your guesses for the plot's future are! Drop some comments, and we can chat a bit! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Kagura bursts into the house with the trio after school is out one day. I'm sitting at the kotatsu, across from Shigure, where we've been doing our respective work while enjoying the cozy warmth the table brought. My eyebrows shoot up as I hear her voice, and I lean towards Shigure and whisper, "Should I be worried?"

My cousin barely shrugs, a knowing look in his eye. "Ah, you know. Your usual lover's quarrel, I would think."

The group slips into the room, and Kagura shoots me a smile before sitting down beside me. She then turns her attention back to Kyo. Unsurprisingly... "But..." She says, continuing the conversation before they came in here, holding her hand to her heart, "It's Valentine's! It's an important day for lovers."

Realization dawns on me as I realize just why this was all happening. Ooohhh.... Valentine's Day. Well, I shouldn't be surprised that Kagura would start the celebrations early.

"WHAT?!" Kyo shouts, fully turning away from us at the table before he's fully gotten comfortable under the kotatsu. "Lovers?!"

"Kyo, don't be rude!" Shigure chastises before adding under his breath, "You'll break my house..."

"Dammit...!" Kyo continues, sticking his face into his hands in frustration, "Screw this. I should have fought my way out of the classroom. Damned Valentine's Day, sneaking up on me."

Shigure smirks, and looks over at Kagura. "So, delivering chocolates, are we?"

"No," she replies, smiling widely, "I came to ask him if he would like to go somewhere with me tomorrow, so I can give him my chocolate and we can spend the day together!"

Kyo gets an aggravated look on his face as he half turns back to face us, and I have to try not to laugh. Did you expect anything less from her? "What the --?" He retorts, "Go out?!"

"Wow!" Tohru interrupts, stepping into the sitting room with piping hot tea, "You mean like a date?"

"Oh! When you say it like that, it's kind of embarrassing, Tohru!" Kagura exclaims, throwing her hands to her face."

"I'm not going." Kyo declares, huffing and starting to turn away from us again -- probably aiming to head for a getaway.

"You'll do it." Kagura menacingly threatens. Her attitude gets so intense that I shy away from her a bit. But no one ever said she can't be scary. No way am I getting in the middle of this.

"I said no!!" Kyo argues, "Why should I have to go on some dumb Valentine's Day date with someone like you?!"

"Kyo..." Tears begin welling up in her eyes, "That's so cruel. You could at least be a little nicer!"

Kyo throws his hands on the ground, and hangs his head in defeat. "Dooonn't cry. Please make it stop."

I swear, if Shigure could be set up as if he was in a movie theater, with snacks and everything to watch this play out, he would. "This is cute and all," he muses, "But perhaps you two could take the flirting elsewhere?"

Kyo's head whips in our elder cousin's direction. "Shut up! This is none of your business, dammit!"

Stepping forward to interrupt the two, Kagura claps her hands, eyes bright as Tohru finishes passing out the tea to me and Yuki. "Hold on!" She exclaims, "I have a great idea! We can bring Yuki and Tohru with us, and make it a double date!!"