Chapter 7.

not edited

Pic of Rena/Damon to the side

I sat on the bed as did Damon. I kept my scowl on my face as he stuttered to find the right words. He was obviously trying not to say something insensitive for the fear I might break down into sobs.

"I just don't want you get hurt from this," he muttered, sighing. I clenched my fists.

"How can I get stronger if I don't train? I'm the weakest one here, I might as well be a human," I grit out. I wanted to be training. I felt like I was just free loading here whilst everyone else was working, or at least doing something. Plus – it was an understatement to say I was the weakest one here. Isn't Damon's reputation as an Alpha hurt if he has a weak mate like me? I didn't want to be an embarrassment to him either. Then he might get tired of me...

"You're barely just out and walking again and you haven't . . . you haven't even told me the slightest bit about yourself," he murmured uncomfortably. I suppose he was right in a sense. I refused to really tell him all that much about me, and in return I barely knew anything about him. If he finds out about what happened, to me, he'll be angry. I didn't have the strength to deal with that right now.

Taking a deep breath, I spoke. "My full name is Serena Blackwell. I originate from Sunscorch pack. My brother is the Alpha, and he has a mate – Tawnya. I'm 19, have boring brown eyes and dark brown hair. My birthday is August 31st. I hate bees and the color yellow and I love cats more than a normal werewolf girl should, " I told him. He chuckled before sitting back down on the bed.

"My full name is Damon Baine. I'm from, well, here originally. I'm 22, Alpha of Shadowdawn. My birthday is October 2nd. I've got black hair and pale green eyes. My mate is Serena Blackwell." He said, grabbing my hand. I stared at our contact, then at Damon. I was amazed at him. I always expected him to cringe in disgust at my contact, but he never did.

No one has ever treated me so kindly, or cared as much as he does.  He doesn't call me names, like the life I've been used to. He doesn't hit me. He doesn't want others to hurt me. He doesn't want me to be upset. This was the life that I had essentially dreamed of. But all dreams end.

I let out a small smile as his thumb rubbed circles on my knuckles.

"I'll think about it."

"Think about what?" I asked absentmindedly. He smirked.

"You training."

"Oh," I felt my face heat up, "Thank you."

"Of course. I was wandering if maybe today you'd like to go out and buy your own clothes? Unfortunately I can't go with you, plus Danica is dying to have a shopping buddy."

"Why not?" I nearly whined. He smiled. It was such a charming smile too. So sweet, but . . . so  . . I couldn't describe it.

"I'm Alpha. I've got to take care of boarder systems, pack allies and enemies." He told me. I nodded sadly. I didn't want him to go. I was comfortable around him and no one else really.

" She's a nice girl and my Beta's mate. She also took care of you when we found you," He told me with reassurance. I nodded again silently.

"Is everything ok?" He asked, leaning closer to me in worry.

"I just don't want you to go," I told him, staring at my fingers. I was embarrassed that I relied on him so much, yet I felt like he was my security blanket, and without him I felt vulnerable. He was the only one I'd met that didn't treat me like scum.

I was taken by surprise as his hand gently cradled my cheek, and I was slowly met by his lips covering mine. I didn't hesitate to let him take control. He was still holding my hands in his, preventing me from wrapping them around his neck. I didn't mind, I just didn't want this to end. Sparks of pleasure tingled down my arms to my toes.

Needing air, I pulled away, panting. His forehead pressed against mine as I fought to catch our breath.

  "I don't really want to go either princess. But it's my duty to this pack. But I'll be back later, I promise," he said, pulling away from me. I bit my lip and nodded, sad with his departure.

"Have fun today ok?" He said as he walked towards the door. I forced a smile and gave a thumbs up. He grinned before walking out of the door and leaving me here. Deciding to get ready, I walked to the bathroom connected to his room, and hastily turned on the shower.

The warm droplets helped soothe my tender nerves. When would I be able to tell Damon about my life in Sunscorch? A part of me wants to, but another part of doesn't want to shame my pack. Granted many of them were big bullies, I still felt I had to respect the fact that I'd grown up there for the majority of my life. Would he be ashamed of me? Would he be angry with them? What would happen if he met Larson? And how hard would Larson fight to seek out his vengeance on me for disrespecting him and his mate?

All these questions piled up in my head. I wasn't sure what to do. Lately I felt like I was just a visitor in this house. Would I be leaving any time soon? Was Damon going to trade me back and put me back into Sunscorch pack? The thought makes me cringe in fear. However, my wolf growled, reminding me that she knew our mate wouldn't do that. I tried my best not to think of the future as I scrubbed my body down with his soap and shampoo.

Who cares if it's for men? It smells so good!

I stepped out of the shower, welcoming the cold air. I looked at myself in the mirror and found myself a little surprised.

I didn't have heavy and dark bags under my eyes anymore. My lips were fuller, and my arms didn't look so thin either. I removed my towel and glanced at my stomach. There were still some scars from previous torture from Sunscorch, however my rib cage no longer showed through my skin unless I breathed in super deep. I suppose I really was getting healthier here.

The thought made me smile, feeling victorious. I left the bathroom, finding a dress on the bed along with flats. The dress was white with red polka dots and the flats were red. As I picked up the dress, underneath it was a red lacy bra with matching undies. Blushing at who could have picked this out, I put all the clothes on without question. Everything fit perfectly. The dress was just above the knee and was strapless. I actually really enjoyed it. I walked to the bathroom to brush my tangled rat's nest of hair.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I turned to see a girl with blonde hair walking towards me. She was wearing white capris with a flowy back tank top I stared at her. I was only used to contact with Damon, so new people made me nervous.

"I'm Danica. Alpha Damon told you about us going shopping right?" She asked, with the raise of her eyebrow. I nodded.

"Well it's nice to meet you," She said with a smile. I nodded before following her out of the door.

"Serena is it?" She asked as we climbed down the stairs to welcome other packmates around. I gulped nervously, trying to avoid their curious eyes.

"It is, but, I like to be called Rena, if that's okay," I told her. She led me to the front door, before lightly opening it and allowing me to go outside first. Although it was cold, werewolves have incredibly body heat temperatures, so it's really not that cold for us. I followed her around to a garage.

"Duh it's okay, it's your name," She chuckled.

"I didn't know we had a garage," I regarded in shock as the snow crunched underneath me.

"We don't really use it much. I prefer to travel with fur – if you know what I mean, " She said with a wink before pressing a button on the wall, allowing the door to creak open. I gasped as a beautiful red Ferrari sat there idlessly.

"Well, hop in!" She exclaimed as she neared it, opening the door and getting in. Slowly, I walked around to the other side, getting in.

Sitting down, I could smell the fresh new leather smell – one of my favorite scents. I closed my eyes and breathed it in as Danica began to descend from the driveway. I leaned against the seat, closing my eyes and letting the wind whip through my hair.

"Music?" She asked over the wind. I grinned, nodding in excitement. She laughed before pressing a button, playing a catchy song.

"Time to shop till we drop," She said with a determined grin.

Qotd : Vampire or Werewolf?

Sorry about the wierd spacing btw