Chapter 17.

So today I finally deleted all the old chapters which there were like  . . . idk I wanna say like 30 more.

I'm actually really emotional right now haha.. *secretly crying*

QOTD : Favorite snack?

(AOTD : hmm, probably mac n cheese or spicy cup of noodles right now)

Rena's POV***

I picked up another book before throwing it to the ground. This was hopeless! I had no clue what I had expected to find here. I had borrowed a few books from Damon's study and found absolutely nothing. None of his books were even helpful on the subject.  I frowned and rubbed my temples.

"Can I come in?" Someone asked from the other side of the door. 

"Yeah," I called out. In walked Damon, him and all his handsomeness. 

"What have you been doing all day?" He asked, sitting on the edge of the bed with a raised brow. I bit the inside of my cheek. 

"Well, I've been doing some researching, on witches and whatnot. At least I've been trying to, I can't find a single thing about them," I groaned, motioning to the few books laying on the bed. 

"What are you hoping to find?" He asked. If only I knew that answer to that  question then life would be made that much easier. I began to twiddle my thumbs.

"There's something I should tell you. But . ." I trailed off. "But what?" Damon pressed with an irritated sigh. 

"I don't want to tell you yet. Not until I know more about it."

"You can't just say something like that and expect me to-"

I cut him off by wrapping my arms around his waste and together we fell backwards onto the soft pillows. He landed on top of me, slightly crushing me with his weight but lifted himself. He seemed disgruntled but not quite as pleased as I had hoped. 

"I knew you'd be unhappy about this. But I just need to figure this one out by myself," I whispered, reaching up and cupping his cheeks. He leaned into my hands.

"I just hate that you're doing something behind my back," He muttered, glaring sideways. I frowned again. 

"I don't see it that way. I love that you guys are trying to help, I do. But this is something I feel is meant for me to discover first." I tried to explain but I knew it'd be hard for him to swallow. Damon had been there for me since I first landed in a weak heap in his pack. He was always trying to help me become stronger, mentally and physically. So I couldn't help but feel a little guilty when I was trying to push him away and do something myself.

"Do you really feel that way?" He asked, sounding bitter. I nodded, knowing he could see me from the corner of his eyes. He let out a sigh. 

"I don't like it."

I prepared a mental speech about how this was something I needed to do, like self discovery, but then he spoke again.

"But your my mate, and if you feel like this is your fate - call it what you will - then I will support you."

His words, though there weren't many, warmed my heart and I felt my feelings towards him begin to grow uncontrollably. I was nervous he'd eat his words and take back what he said, but he didn't.

"Thank you." Was all I could say. He looked at me again with those dark eyes, and swooped his head down to meet mine and eventually our lips greeted one another.

Filler chapter that's why it is sooo short

-