{Chapter 73}

Chapter 73

(Seijo Yukari)

---Dream---

I suddenly found myself standing in the middle of piling corpses. From the way it looks, it should have been in the number of hundreds. I couldn't recognize any of those faces. I examined them closely and realized that they were mostly Ghoul investigators..

As I looked around me, I realized that there was nothing but rotting carcasses. The scent of the metallic iron was filling the air and I couldn't help but feel disgusted. But I seemed to have recognized one of the dead bodies. It was Aburano-san's corpse.

"Well done, Yukari." I heard Tatara-chin's voice speaking behind me.

I turned around and met him as he stared at me with an emotionless gaze.

"Tatara-chin.." I said as I was surprised to see him.

Suddenly, I heard a sweet voice giggling from the side. I turned my head to where it was coming from and I saw Eto-chan with her hands on her back while smiling.

"You did great killing all of that people." She complimented while smiling.

"I.. I have killed that many..?" I asked, my heart beating fast in anxiety.

"You did." I suddenly heard Ayato-kun replying to my question.

I met him with his stern gaze. He walked towards me and faced me with seriousness.

"Never have mercy." He reminded me. "If you do, I will help you give your revenge."

"Revenge?" I heard Hinami-chan speaking behind me.

She had her head hanged down, her fringe covering her eyes. I turned to her hastily and she looked really sad and at the same time angry.

"Is that what you want?" She asked.

I stayed silent from answering her question. Suddenly she lifted her index finger and pointed at a direction.

"Look at that."

I hesitantly turned around, looking at where she was pointing. My eyes widened as I saw Sasaki-san and his squad mercilessly killed and torn apart. It was a sea of blood. I felt frightened as I saw their dead bodies.

But what shocked me the most is the feeling that I have killed someone really important as I wasn't seeing Sasaki-san..

But Kaneki-kun himself..

"NOOOOOOOO!!"

My body lunged forward, the bullets of sweat covering me. My chest rose and fell from heavy breathing. I felt something rolling my from eye.. I touched it and they were tears. I wiped them away and gritted my teeth in anger.

I sighed in relief, seeing as it was just a dream. It's great that it was just a dream.. For a second, I got afraid that I killed Kaneki-kun..

Hm..? Why does it feel like my arms are bandaged? Wait, my arms are bandaged! What the?!

Wait, somehow.. I can smell something funny.. It smells like dried blood..

All of a sudden, I heard some soft snores coming from my side. I turned my head and saw Sasaki-san soundly sleeping with his arms on the bed and his head resting on it.

I was frozen in an instant, not knowing what to do.

T-This.. Pervert..!!

I balled my hand into fists as I prepared myself to punch him right in his face. But the moment I caught a glimpse of his face, something was keeping me from doing so. It was hard for me to punch him when I know that he's sleeping peacefully..