Chapter VI : One Bloodstained Love Affair

The fragile, the broken, sit in circles and stay unspoken, we are powerless...

"It's six o'clock," the demon murmurs in my ear, from where he is bent over me. My fingers are twisted in his midnight hair, the silky locks falling so low that they brush my own face. We are both without clothes, tangled together in a mess of sweaty limbs, panting breaths. His chest is heaving, up and down at a miraculous rate. I can't believe I've done this to him.

The seal that binds us together is in an unusual place; burned just over his heart, the four pointed star etched with symbols in an ancient language that I have no hope of understanding. It's bold, pitch black against his white skin, and I know the hue of its silvery activation glow better than I know my own name, at this stage. Pointedly, I trace my fingers over it, studying the pattern intently.

"Does this mean you belong to me?" I ask quietly, pressing my palm to his chest.

"Always," he replies, kissing me slowly again; and the sensation is like the earth moving beneath us; unstoppable, strong, and frightening.

"It's six o'clock."

I gasped, coming to my senses as my sweaty eyelids flickered open. The room had become considerably darker in the time that we had spent in it together, and the lamps had not been lit; we were in shadow. As for myself, personally, I was a complete mess. Locks of hair plastered to my visage, beads of sweat dripping down my skin. Half undressed and barely able to breathe, that function having been taken away by the force of the pleasure Sebastian had delivered to me. And he stood, completely unaffected, above me; having only removed his jacket, gloves and tie for the event.

"Would you like some assistance, my Lady?"

"Yes," I murmured, shakily dropping my arms from my head, allowing them to rest in my lap. The pale skin of my wrists had taken on a pinkish hue from the chafing of the fabric. "Un—Untie me, please."

He used two pale fingers to undo the knot that he had created, freeing my hands. Sebastian draped his tie back around his neck and began to button me up, quick and skilful.

"If you are having trouble breathing, perhaps we should call for the doctor."

In no mood for jokes, I remained silent. Oh, I had forgotten how just quite talented demons were at everything. Especially sexual encounters.

Apparently registering the fact that he had literally rendered me speechless, Sebastian continued to dress me swiftly, and in quiet – but his lips had taken on a small, self-satisfied smirk, and I resented that I was the cause.

"Would you like to join the young master in his office for your evening tasks?"

"If he'll have me." I straightened up the back of my dress, just to make one hundred percent sure that it was hanging correctly, and looked back to Sebastian. "Ciel won't tell me much. How is the investigation progressing?"

"Relatively smoothly. Lord Phantomhive has begun the arduous process of interviewing the families of the girls – however, it is difficult to prove much against the Undertaker, as we haven't recovered any corpses."

"So you're just completely assuming that he murdered them?" I blinked, pulling my curls back off my face. "Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?"

"I'm afraid we can't exactly afford to believe in the best of people, in our line of work." Sebastian put his hand flat on the oak door and pushed, effortless; it glided open soundlessly on its hinges.

I crossed over the threshold, deep in thought as I edged out into the wide, darkened hallway. This whole business was completely confusing. How had they tied all of these women to the Undertaker? And how in the Lord's name could he have brought this woman, this Charlotte, back from the dead?