Raindrops

Amber's POV

"Mandy's insanely unbelievable." I mumbled to myself while I check my phone with the weather update. It's pretty dark outside. There are heavy masses of cumulus clouds that extend well above the sky. Then someone got my attention.

Keep calm. Breath. You just have to ask her if she needs a ride home.

Oh. We never talked at school so why would she let me drive her home right?
Jeez. What will I do? But what's the difference? If she's any other student I still definitely offer a ride whether I have talked to that person or not.

Well because she's Samantha Jones - the head cheerleader slash your long time crush.

Now, I'm talking to myself. Great. I got to have some balls. Oh. That came out wrong. Ugh. It's my last year in Boston High. When will I get to have this chance again right? Breath. Keep calm. I got this.

I honked the horn of my car to stop her from walking and open my mouth without thinking.

"Hey! Captain! Do you have an umbrella?"
Uhh Men, what's wrong with me? Umbrella? Seriously. Captain? I just forget how to use her name? What am I thinking. Just remain calm. I got this.

"I uhhh me? Umbrella? I.." she said confusingly. I just made her confused. Good job Amber. I thought.

I decided to explain to her that it'll rain anytime soon as what I've checked in my mobile app. I'm pretty much worried that she won't accept my offer. So I decided to just go out and open the door for her.

"No, no. Alright I'll get in. No need to open the door for me." Then she's inside my car.

My car.
With me.
YES!

Now, I need to look relax and calm. I'm good at controlling my emotions so there shouldn't be any problem. She won't notice how excited I am nor how my heart is beating twice as fast. Breath.

-------------

Samantha's POV

I know I'm attracted to her but I've never realized that this little crush will turn out like this. We never had the chance to talk to each other so it seems like it's just a simple attraction. But now, God! I do like her. A lot. More than a lot. She might have felt that I'm looking at her now. God.

"Uhm, do you mind if I open my music player?" she asked. That might help the little tension that I am feeling right now. Does she feels this too? God. She looks calm and collected so I don't think so.

"No, that's fine." I answered. Keep it short and simple Sam so she won't notice your girl crushing.

        Who's thinking about you now?
        If you were building a wall, who
        would tear it all down and pull
        you through?
        Who's thinking about you?
        Who'd care enough to send you
        flowers, that you could call at all
        hours,
        And give your love to?
       Somebody must believe if they
       could see what I see
       If they haven't, well they will
      Baby they all will

I thought that hearing a song will help me calm down. God. It didn't.
Jason Mraz.
In this weather.
With Amber Smith.
Driving me home.
God.