Lunch Time

Amber's POV

"Mom! I'm home!" I shouted as I made my way to open the fridge and decided get a cold drink, a really cold drink. My mouth dried out since I left Sam's neighborhood. Jeez, today has certainly been an eventful day. I just had my first formal talk with Sammy. I mean Samantha Jones and I even got the chance to drive her home. She's definitely a gem. Her thin kissable lips, her silvery blue eyes, her perfect blonde hair, her alluring scent. Her positive vibe. Her captivating smile. Everything about her is just amazing. I never thought that this day would happen. But thank God it did.

"Honey, I'm going out tonight." I heard my mom as she goes down the stairs. I quickly give her a kiss. Oh. Mom's got a date.

"Looking sexy. Who's the lucky guy?"
My mom is in her sleeveless black dress that ends just above her knee.

"His from work. Remember Luis? The guy you met when you visited me on my office week ago?"

"Oh! The hot blonde guy in tux?" I wiggled my eyebrows as I waited my mom's reaction?"

"Yes." My mom blushed.

"Well, I need to meet him okay? Asked him to have dinner with us next weekend." I need to know if he's serious with my mom or not or I'll kick his ass without mercy.

"Honey, we're not that serious. This is just a simple dinner." My mom countered.

"Still.. You accepted his offer so his definitely something. I know you mom. You won't just date anybody.

"Alright. I'll tell him to study martial arts. I'll also let him know that your a black belter. How's that?"

"Great! Can't wait to meet him."

"For a daughter, you're over protective you know? Well.. I don't want to be late honey. Your dinner is in the fridge. I love you. Don't wait up okay?"

"Oooohhhh tonight's gonna be a goodnight huh?" I added mockingly. I just love to tease my mom. She just rolled her eyes and my mom was just about to get her coat from the rack when I stop her.

"Mom?"

"Yes?"

"Seriously.. I'm happy that your going out with someone now. I really am. You know I just want you to be happy. That's all I wish. If he can make you happy then I'm all for him. However... if he make you cry or upset even just for a little bit, I'll make his life a living hell mom. I love you so much and I can't bare seeing you sad. One more thing though.."

"No french kissing on a first date okay?" I added to lighten up the mood.

"Amber!"

"Go Mom! You'll be late!"

"I love you too honey. Come here! Give me a kiss and a hug of good luck."

I hug my mom and kiss her on the cheek.

"Alright! Enjoy the night! Be safe."

"Bye honey! Sleep early so you won't be late tomorrow!"

"I will."

I'm excited to be at school tomorrow because of what happened today. I'll definitely won't be late. I'm just really happy that my mom is giving her a heart a second chance. She dedicated her life to me and her career. I didn't get the chance to remember my dad because he died in a car accident when I was 2 years old. My mom always tell me that he's very loving husband and a father. She once said that I'm somewhat just like my dad in terms of my protectiveness and sweetness. I don't remember my mom saying anything bad about my dad. Mom would always assure me that if he's still living, he'll be the best father in whole wide world. I just wish that he is still here. Though I don't seek for a father figure because my mom has done a great job doing both parts.