Reason

Amber's POV

"Amber!" I was about to close my locker when I heard Mandy called my name.

"So, I think you know who's back.." Mandy started narrowing her eyes as if reading me intently.

"Yeah.. she called me awhile ago." I sighed.

"Hey, what's with the sad frown? Your not happy she's back? Your not mad at her are you? I mean, for leaving like that?"

"No.. Of course not.. It's just.. Sam and I were just about to outdo the issue we have with Shane. Then here comes another one.. It's just.. I don't know.. Mands.."

"What do you mean? Did you talked to Shane?"

"No.. Clark helped us.. We have the picture. Sam and I will post it on our social media accounts so everyone would get the idea before we make everything official. With that, no one would believe Shane.. especially that Clark, Sam and I are in good terms." I explained.

"Oh.. That's great.. So.. please don't take this negatively okay? I just wanna know.. Um.. Do you still have feelings for Al?"

"WHAT!? NO! I love Sam. It's just I'm worried.. Al still called me boo. I don't want to hurt her Mands."

"Well.. I do think that she still has feelings for you. Even back then, It's obvious that she loved you more than you loved her back."

"I love her Mands. But I love her like I love you. Both of you are my best friends."

"Then you tell her that. We'll have a get together party at the beach this Friday night. She wants us to bring any of our friends. Bring Sam. The sooner the better. Don't let her invest more feelings for you. You'll hurt her more if you do. Like you, I love Ally. Alright?"

"Alright."

Mandy's right. Ally was the reason why I came out. She's my first girlfriend. My first kiss. I loved her. But that love wouldn't equal the love that I have for Sam. I have to do this. The sooner the better.

Samantha's POV

Allyson wasn't just a beautiful face. She was able to keep up with the routine in a short amount of time. The team already liked her. She's polite, sweet and kind. There's nothing to hate about her actually. God! There should be! After the practice I decided to stay for awhile to rest. I sat to the nearby bleacher when I saw someone walking in my direction.

"Hi! You're the captain right?" God. Of course she'll talk to me. Ugh.

Be cordial. Be civil. Don't act like a jealous girlfriend.

"Yes, so?" I muttered. Ugh. I just can't help it. She's fucking prettier than me! Every time I look at her I can't help but be jealous. I need Amber. I need her to remind me again that she loves me. Fuck.

"Um. Nothing. I just want to say Hi. Sorry." Allyson added looking a bit scared. Good. Be scared. Ugh. Amber won't like this.

"You already did. Congratulations you got in." I added without any hint of emotion. God what am I doing. She's not doing anything to me. She doesn't even know me.

"Oh okay. Thank you. Your Samantha right?"

Ugh. Just go away please.

"Yeah."

"Can I call you Sam?" She asked with a small smile. God. Don't fucking smile. Does Amber find her smile cuter than mine? Aaarrgh.

"No. Just call me Samantha. I like it that way."

"Oh. Okay. Call me Al or Ally. Whichever you like." She offered genuinely.

"Alright, Allyson. Thanks." I hurriedly packed all my things when Sofi interrupted us.