Each other's arm

Amber's POV

I've been trying to distance myself from Sam but every time I step back I'll end up two steps closer. As much as I tried to numb myself with the overflowing love that I feel for her, I just can't. I couldn't kid myself. I love her. But how can I trust her? How can I look at her without thinking that she'll end up hurting me again?

When I finished cooking my mom's chicken carbonara recipe I casted my eyes at Sam, who is still sleeping beautifully even in an uncomfortable sitting position. I remembered how cute she was when she struggled to keep her eyes open to check up on me. I decided to sat beside her and wake her up.

"Hey.. Sam.. the pasta's ready.." I rubbed the palm of my hand on her back gently making sure not to startle her. She murmured for awhile and opened her eyes just to close it again. Whenever I tried to speak to her she'll open her eyes but end up sleeping some more. This time I mirrored her position  placing my head over my arms so that when she open her eyes she'll immediately see my face which is now about 3 inches away from hers.

"Hey sleepyhead wake up.." I pursed my lips blowing a gentle amount of air on her eyes. She squinted her eyes and opened it. "Don't you dare close that again," I added. She immediately sat straight up which almost made her fall, luckily I caught her back on time.

"GOD! I'm sorry.. Umm.. Uhh.." Sam's blushing face is just adorable. Jeez how can I distance myself from that pretty face.

"It's chicken carbonara.. Come on.. I'm starving." I smiled at her as we made our way to the dining table.

"Um.. I'll get us some plates and utensils. It smells amazing! Thank you!" Sam said excitingly as she jump and spin herself to the kitchen.

"Oh! Mom also made a lasagna for me.. Jeez it's pasta overload.." Sam giggled as she handled me a plate and fork.

We finished everything in no time. I offered to wash the dishes but Sam insisted that it's a sign of courtesy for her to do it.

"Now it's your time to go there and wait for me to finish." Sam pointed the couch like what I've requested her to do when I was cooking.

"Alright. Let me know if you need me." I countered.

"Always." She whispered to herself and turned her back from me to wash the dishes. She didn't know that I heard her loud and clear. I blushed at that and felt my stomach being filled with butterflies. Jeez, there goes my heart again.

When I reached the couch I immediately remembered Mandy. She might be worried that I didn't attend our remaining classes. Speaking off, now that I've checked my phone I got 21 missed calls and 8 messages from my best friend.

CrazyMorgan: I'll wait for you at Chem, that cheerleader is hitting my nerves!

CrazyMorgan: HEY! Wer r u???

CrazyMorgan: AMBER SMITH!!!??

CrazyMorgan: Are you okay? Please reply. I'm worried. :'(

CrazyMorgan: AMBER!! Don't shut me out!!! Please.

CrazyMorgan: I'll fucking kill HER! where are you!!!????

CrazyMorgan: I'm sorry! I didn't mean what I've texted. Just answer your phone. Please.

CrazyMorgan: If something happened to you, I'll never forgive myself and that cheerleader! So please just answer your phone. You're right! I'm crazy!!!! Happy?? I'm fucking Mental! Just please answer me. Please. :((((

I laughed at all her messages. I know she was just being protective. I decided to text her back.

Me: Sorry, but I promise I'm okay. I just need to sort things out. I'll call you when I get home. You're crazy. :)

I haven't even closed my messenger app when Mandy's picture lit up on my screen.

Mandy: "Where are youuuu!!!!??"

"Jeez don't shout Mands I can perfectly hear you."

Mandy: "You didn't answer my question Where. Are. You!?"

"I'm.. I'm at Sam's."

Mandy: "WHAT!!!?? I'll pick you up give me 20 minutes."

"No, no, we need to talk.. Mands. I need to hear her out. Not just for her but also for me."

Mandy: "Ugh. Fuckin' hell! I hope you know what you're doing. I won't let her hurt you again. Tell her that!"

"I will. I'll tell you everything tonight."

Mands: "Ughhhhh!! Alright."

"Thanks Mands.. I love you."

Mands: "Yeah.. Yeah.. I love you too. Text me once your home."

I ended the call when I felt someone behind me.

"Is that Mandy?" Sam asked worriedly.

"Yeah." I sighed and turned to look at her.

"She hates me, isn't she?" She bit her lip as she shyly made her way to sit at the couch. With enough distance Sam looked at me sadly.

"There was no dare Amber. Everything is true. My feelings for you is genuine. My intentions are clean. I don't know how you'll believe me but I'm telling the truth. I love you so much. I know you felt that.. God.. I love you." Sam sobbed terribly as she continues to explain everything. I've learned Shane's threat, the picture, the incident we had in the car, everything. Sam tried to fight of her tears just to speak as clearly as possible. She covered her eyes with her hands as she finished her words.

"I'm a coward, I'm sorry.. I should've fight for us.. I shouldn't have hurt you.. I-" I gently removed her hands from covering her face. I move a little closer and Sam looked at me confusingly with her puffy eyes and red cheeks. I then kissed her trembling lips with huge amount of love and understanding. I wanted to make her feel that I believe her. I myself will do anything to protect her from any kind of harm. I slowly broke the kiss to tell her my thoughts but Sam didn't let me. She deepened the kiss and murmured how much she missed it. I chuckled and held both of cheeks to stop her.

"Wait, sorry. I missed kissing you too. But I just want you to know that I believe you okay? So stop crying." I wiped her tears and kissed both of her cheeks. "Um, but you should've told me. We could have handled it together without breaking each other's heart Sam. It hurt me a lot. " I continued.

"I'm sorry. You don't know how much it hurt me too. I just don't want anybody to think like that about you. You're the most wonderful person that I've met and you just don't deserved that okay? You don't." Sam added in between sobs. I held her even tighter placing small kisses on her forehead.

"Hey.. Hey.. Stop crying Sammy." I wiped all her tears with the palm of my hands and brushed her hair behind her ears. Sam then rested her head on my shoulder. I enveloped my hands on her back and kissed her shoulder hoping that it can calm her down.

"I missed that." She murmured.

"Um, missed what?" I asked. Sam moved a little closer and rested her face on the side of my neck.

"You calling me Sammy. Whenever you call me that I feel like I'm yours and yours forever." She whispered as she planted a soft kiss on my neck. I really love this girl.