Give it a Rest

Samantha's POV

"Yes Mom, I'm alright.. We're on our way home.. Yes, please tell dad not to worry.. Yes.. She'll stay.. Okay.. I love you too."

I can't believe that I just fainted in front of Amber. I can't really blame myself for that since I haven't had enough sleep since Friday night. I can't really explain what I'm feeling right now. When we got out from the clinic, Amber became distant again. I tried to reach for her hand every time I get a chance but she would do something to avoid it silently.

"Do you wan't to stop over to get some food? You haven't taken your lunch." God, how I miss that voice. I stared at her but her attention is still focused on the road.

"Um.. you as well.. are you hungry?" I said back.

"Mom prepared lunch for me, it's in the bag. I'll eat it later."

"I'll prepare something for us when we get home." I said and she just nodded. When will this silent treatment end? She was being affectionate awhile back when we were at the clinic. Now it seems that she just need to drive me home because that's what she told my parents.

"We're here." Amber exited the car but instead of opening the door for me she opened the back door of her car to get our bags. She kept as much distance as she can and it saddens me a lot. I followed her then I felt being dizzy again.

She might have noticed my uneasiness so she immediately went to my side to steady my balance.

"You okay?" She asked worriedly. I am but decided to act like I'm not. Since playing sick is the only way I can do right now to be close to her. I'll do anything to get her back. God, I'm crazy.

"I am.. I think I just need some rest.. Um.. I.. I haven't sleep well.. you know.. since-"

"I know. Believe me, I know." Amber said as she soothed my back.

"Come on give me your keys so I can open the door."

I just stared at her intently. I just wanted to kiss her and just hug her close.

"Sam?"

"Uhh yeah, sorry." I handed her the keys and tried to grab my bag from her left hand so she can use both of her hands to open the door.

"No, it's alright I got it." She tightened the grip on my bag and motion for me to get inside. God she's bossy and hot at the same time.

"Um.. feel at home, I'll prepare us some lunch." She went to the couch and placed our things under the side table.

"No. You rest and I'll cook. I don't want you to faint again." She countered.

"But-" I tried to insist that I can cook for us but she eyed me intently. Not wanting to argue anymore I sighed in defeat. If I want to win her back the last thing that I want is to be on her bad sad. So I let her. I decided to seat at the counter top so I can help and look at her closely. Well mainly just look at her.

She checked the available ingredients in our fridge and pantry. I find it really cute on how she creases her eyebrows as she thinks for what food to prepare. Then she asked If I'm okay in having pasta for lunch. God! I love pasta!

"Oh.. Okay.. Don't be that excited though." I heard Amber interrupted my thoughts. Did I say it out load? God. I felt my cheeks hit up when I heard her released a soft laugh. I blushed some more when she stared at me and shook her head giving me a soft smile.

She placed all the ingredients on my side. "I told you to rest Sam, watching me cook will not give you that." She said while she sort out the ingredients  in front of her. I needed to think of a good reason for her to let me stay in here. Faster brain! Faster!

"Well, um.. I want to make sure that you'll not burn our kitchen." I glanced down at my toes as I dangle it like a child. "I won't. So please rest on the couch." I felt Amber stared at me intently as she moved a little closer. I swallowed the lump in my throat as my heart starts to beat faster than it's supposed to. She placed both of her hands on my waist to support me as she motioned me to get off the counter top. I placed both of my hands on her shoulders to move a little closer. We stayed on that position for awhile just staring at each other's eyes.

"Please, you need to rest." Amber whispered.

"Alright." I managed to utter breathlessly. My knees felt like gelo that any time it'll give in. I was about to get off as she held may waist securely when my other foot got off balance. My temple accidentally bumped on Amber's chin making her lips grazed my forehead.

"Ouch.. God! I'm sorry." My two hands are still resting on both of Amber's shoulders when I put my forehead on her chest to hide my blush. She chuckled and held my forearm to look at me. I felt a burning sensation  growing on both of my cheeks when she tried to search for my eyes. I decided to just look away when she blew a warm air to my temple to somehow soothe the pain. I manage to look at her since both of her eyes were kept close as she blew a gentle amount of air on my temple.

God. That feels so good.

My eyes landed on her pursed lips.

God please give me strength not to attack those kissable lips. I prayed.

Amber opened her eyes and met mine.

"Better?" She whispered.

God. That's so sexy.

I gulp and nodded still looking at her lips and her eyes in back and forth motion.

"Stay there and rest alright?" She pointed her index finger on the couch near the living room which is adjacent to the kitchen. I'm just happy that we have an open floor plan. I can still observe Amber's cooking even from the living room.

I nodded.

"Good." Amber stated still looking at me.

"What?" I asked confusingly.

"Yeah, you can go now Sam." I realized that I didn't even move from my position. I blushed at that. God.

"Yes, yes, sorry." I then tiptoed and kiss her cheeks faster than a bullet and ran to the couch with my head bowed down. I heard her chuckled and went back to sort the ingredients out.

When I got to the couch, I intertwined my arms and rested my heard over the back cushion to look at the beautiful girl in the kitchen.

God. I love her. I shouldn't have let Shane ruined us. What am I even thinking?

I tried to fight my sleepiness but eventually failed. God knows that I put in a good fight. Before the darkness consumed my sight, I saw Amber smiled at me.

"I love you." I mumbled as drifted off to sleep.

A/N:

Hey you! Yes you! Thank you for taking time to read this chapter. I hope that I have not officially wasted your time though. Have a good day! :)

Much Love,

Author.