Chapter Two: One Last Dance

*Steve's Point of View*

Angel places her soft warm hand on my temple and I freeze. Her eyes fill with up with what looks to be black smoke, and the terror I'm feeling paralyzes me. Everything around me goes still, being covered by darkness. My legs go weak and suddenly I feel myself falling, being caught in Angel's embrace.

When I wake up I'm not in the right place, or the right time. I'm wearing my green army suit and being carried to the dance floor by Pe- by Peggy. She looks back and gives me a soft wink.

"Took you long enough Captain. You're very late" She smirks.

"How is this-"

"It's not" She replies

She takes my hand and we dance across the floor for what seems to be hours. We laugh, we talk. Sadness occasional taking it's toll on my mind knowing that this isn't real. That it will never be real.

"After all this time Peggy, I still lo-"

"Don't say it." She replies, a sense of sympathy in her voice. "You need to move on Steve. I'm married. I have children. Every single bone in my body wants them to be yours but I know that that isn't possible. A piece of me will always love you Steve, but my heart belongs to someone else. Please, just enjoy our last dance. "

"But Peggy-"

"No Steve, please just enjoy it. We don't have very long"

We dance as her head rests on my shoulder. It was time to move on. Peggy was my first love but that doesn't mean she has to be my last. I hear Peggy cough and she falls to the floor, blood curdling in her mouth. Confusion rushes through my body as I let out a loud cry. The dancers around us not giving a second glance as Peggy is dying on the floor.

"Peggy!" I scream "Peggy please!"

She grabs my head and pulls me to her, kissing me softly. Intimately. As she pulls back, the room goes dark. My head is clouded and when my eyes open I'm in Black Angel's lap, letting out soft sobs.

"Shhh" I hear her whisper "It's okay"

I immediately jump up and look down at her. My eyes are bloodshot from the tears pouring from my eyes but I scramble up the last bit of sanity I have to talk to her.

"What the hell was that" I question, anger bubbling in my stomach.

"Calm down Cap.I was trying to help you let go" She replies.

"How did you do that? How on earth did you do that? I've met so called Gods, I have fought alongside a green monster, God, I've even witnessed my worst fear thanks to Scarlet witch. But nothing- nothing has ever seemed so real- so impossibly real. How did you do it?"

"A question only time can answer Captain. No what was your task? You came and got me for a reason. Show me to it" She sneers

"How Long was I uhm, out?"

"No more than five minutes. Don't worry"

Five minutes. How on earth was that only five minutes? The question floats throughout my mind, leaving me breathless as I walk Angel up the stairs and into the elevator.

"Hope you're not afraid of hights Angel"

"Angels fly Steve, I'm not afraid."

I push the button for the top floor and stare at Angel. Everything about her seems unrealistically perfect. Her hair in soft curls down her torso, giving a bit of a vintage look the way her bangs curl. Her outfit, or should I say her suit is beautiful. Black leather with white lines tracing across it, every now and then, an illusion of colour will spread somewhere along her body. Her bone structure high and her lips beautifully plump. I notice she has no weapons. Of course she has no weapons, she was captured after all.

"Are you done checking me out Captain?"

I feel my cheeks turn scarlet as the familiar beep of the elevator goes off, signalling that we are stopping.

"That's weird" I question "The 56 floor is definitely not the top floor"

"Steve get back" She yells "There are agents out there" she closes her eyes and looks highly concentrated "They want to hurt us. I can feel it"

"How the hell-"

As the door opens I notice we are face to face with at least 25 obvious Hydra agents with all sorts of weaponry. I look at Angel but there's not a scent of fear on her complexion. Just adrenalin flushing her cheeks.

"Ready to see what I can do Cap?" She asks.

"Ready as I'll ever be" I reply

*Black angel's Point of View*

As the elevator opens, we are face to face with what Steve explained to be Hydra agents. I take a deep breath and try to summon up my powers as some guy with a ridiculous mustache tries explaining to stand still and that none of us will be hurt as long as we don't try to fight. I notice Steve take a step towards the small army. I focus on him, his mouth, his eyes. Everything about him.

Steve. I whisper in his mind. Don't.

I hear him grumble but his listens. I raise my arm as black lights float out of my auro like smoke. I surround the Hydra agents with the black magic. They look utterly confused. If only they knew.

"Cruciatus" I scream. As the word floats from my mind, the agents are filled with my magic. The room is occupied with their screaming and crying. Their shaking. The amount of pain inflicted on them is the amount of pain they have inflicted on others. Some of them will die. I know that. Some of them will live. I'm not sure which is which anymore.

"How did you-"

"Don't ask Captain. You don't want to know"

I feel the rush of pain coming on me. My nose starts dripping blood and I know it will happen soon. I should have practiced more. Suddenly my eyesight is filled with darkness and I can't move. I feel my legs getting weak and I fall, before I hit the ground the Captain's arms grab me and he swings me into his embrace.

"Woah" I hear an unfamiliar voice say "Guys, Black Angel has fallen for Captain America"

I hear Steve scream the name Tony before darkness overcomes my senses. Leaving me alone with nothing but my thoughts.

My demons.

-------

What are your thoughts on this story so far? I don't have many views but I do love this story very much. If you guys could vote and comment it would be greatly appreciated. I'm wondering where this should go? Captain America fan-fic? Hmmmm, the possibilities...

Anyways, let me know your thoughts on the story so far.

Buubyee