Chapter Five: The Suit

I'm awoken by Steve shaking my shoulder whispering for me to get up. I push myself off of my soft pillow and lay my forehead on his shoulder.

"Why do we have to get up so early?" I mumble "I feel like death".

"Oh come on! I've got a surprise for you- or- we all have a surprise for you" He beams.

"I have to gt ready, Captain" I reply

"Trust me Angel, you will be getting ready" He quakes

He stands up and offers me his hand, I kindly deny it and roll to the other side of the bed and walk to the cell doors.

"Wait, you're gonna let a strange dangerous devil monster out of it's cell? The terror!" I Sneer, my voice laced with sarcasm.

Steve doesn't give me another look as he imprints the code into the keypad and the metal doors glide open. We walk up a strangely long hallway and into a large elevator.

"69th floor please, Jarvis" Steve mumbles

"Yes Sir" Jarvis replies.

The ride is full of silence and awkwardness. As the doors open we both scramble out and I am imminently rushed over to a small chair. Surrounding me are at least 10 adults with ridiculous makeup an hair.

"They're here to help you get ready, Angel" He belts "Have fun, Fury will bring you to the Helicarrier in about an hour.

"See you then Captain" I reply

"Just Steve" He announces while walking out of the bright white auditorium.

When the doors shut every single one of the employees rushes over to me and does everything from plucking to nails. At least an hour has passed before they announce that I am almost done.

"Is there anything that you like to wear as a trademark?" A beautiful woman asks me with olive skin and bright blue eyes. As I scan her face I notice a soft red scar right below her left eye.

"No, thank you for asking though"

"It's my job" She mutters

I'm a bit nervous to see the finished product of my hair and makeup, but as a thin Chinese man turns my chair around, I am nothing but delighted. My eye shadow is black with large wings. My skin looks surprisingly perfect, and I don't know how they did it; but I look thinner. They've curled my hair and brushed it out so it falls in soft waves against my torso, leaving me feeling for once; beautiful.

"We've been instructed to take you into the next room so you can put on your new modified suit. I hear Tony Stark even had input in it!" A woman quakes behind me.

We walk across the large room into a medium sized room. Inside I see Fury sitting in a tall leather chair.

"Well don't you look fancy" He chimes. "Ready to get suited up?"

"Ready as I'll ever be"

Nick holds a button down and a large glass canister erupts from the floor.

"I had my best people work on this for you. It's a bit of a modification to your old suit,but we still kept your trademarks on it."

Fury presses the button again and the glass case opens, my suit showing itself to me for the first time.

"What do you think?" Fury asks

"It's beautiful" I reply

The suit is black leather, with striped of white and red flowing through it like a light show. I put it on, and unsurprisingly, it fits perfectly. I look in the mirror and realize how amazing it makes my figure look.

"My wings?" I ask

"Press the button on your shoulder"

I do as he says, and my beautiful black wings spring out of the back of my suit like magic.

"How on earth did you get a hold of that much vibranium?" Fury asks

"You don't want to know" I reply.

I touch the button again and the wings float back into the back of my suit.

"Weapons?" I ask

"Ahh yes" He responds. "Follow me" We walk into yet another room which is at least 3 times bigger than the room we were in before.

"I didn't really know what you liked, so I decided to let you choose your weaponry"

Shelves upon shelves expand to the end of the room. I'm amazed to see the amount of weaponry in this place.

"Isn't this unsafe?" I ask

"There are no bombs, don't worry"

I scope around the expanse, grabbing a few daggers and a metallic bow that folds itself to the size of my pocket. I grab a wide range of arrows and throw them into a satchel that I place around my shoulder.

"This is all I will need" I inform Fury "Shall we go find the others?"

"No need to look, they're waiting for you on the Hellicarier"

We walk into the elevator and Fury leans against the glass window.

"Top floor, Jarvis"

"Yes, Sir" The computer replies.

As the elevator doors open, we walk onto a large platform as the wind from the hellicarier's engines crowds us.

"Safe travels Black Angel. Show em' what you've got" Nick shouts, his voice being muffled by the noise from the jet.

Before I can reply, Nick walks away and steps through the metal doors as they slam behind him. I walk to the back of the helicarrier and step in, but am imminently met with the glares of Natasha and Bruce.

"I wasn't aware that she was coming" Natasha snarls

"Not now, Natasha" Steve commands.

I walk over and sit beside him, nervousness erupting in my stomach.

"You seem nervous" Steve whispers into my ear

"I am" I reply

"Don't be. You'll do great." He responds.

The Captain places his hand on my thigh and looks me in the eyes, asking me if this is alright. I nod to let him know it is.

---

Just a filler chapter! I've got big plans for Chapter Six, which will hopefully be posted by the beginning of this week (Tuesday or Wednesday) It's going to be long, so get ready!

Don't forget to vote and comment, it's greatly appreciated!